Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Traffic Trial Period in the U.S.A.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Traffic Trial Period in the U.S.A.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rambler358
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Traffic Trial Period in the U.S.A. Reply with quote

I just recently received my TTN5 update, and activated my Traffic trial period. It works great on my Dell Axim X50v by connecting to my BT phone and getting the traffic data. So I was thinking about subscribing to the Traffic data service, but according to TomTom's web site it's not available in the U.S.? What's up with this - it seems to be working fine in my Southern California location, but TomTom doesn't offer it as a subscription here in the states. So I guess I can assume that once my trial period has expired, I'm out of luck to continue getting this service? Question
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. It's not even supposed to work for you. Is there any mention of the data provider for the traffic?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Rambler358
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Correct. It's not even supposed to work for you. Is there any mention of the data provider for the traffic?

Nope, no mention of the provider, but I'm not sure where to find this info? TTN5.1 just gave me the option of activating it, and selecting the city area I was in (Los Angeles for me), so I did. Its been working great for the few times I've used it so far.
LINavigator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The word I had from TomTom was that the subscription traffic service in the US would be available later in the Fall. Until then it would was free. I'm finding that it's not too useful - if there's traffic delays, it reroutes you too late (you've already been in the traffic for 2 exits) to get around it, and accidents are often already cleared when you pass the icon. Are they using ClearChannel (?) as the provider?
Rambler358
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LINavigator wrote:
The word I had from TomTom was that the subscription traffic service in the US would be available later in the Fall. Until then it would was free. I'm finding that it's not too useful - if there's traffic delays, it reroutes you too late (you've already been in the traffic for 2 exits) to get around it, and accidents are often already cleared when you pass the icon. Are they using ClearChannel (?) as the provider?

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure who the provider is - where do I find the provider information? Question
LINavigator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to know the provider - I was just interested in doing some 'cross referencing' of the data to see how up to date they might be.

A problem I do have, however, is that my Treo 650 is CONSTANTLY telling me that it can't connect to the TomTom traffic service and that I should check my internet connection.

Complete rubbish. Nothing wrong with my net connection. Each time I have to exit TT and then it's fine again ... for about 15 mins or so.
Rambler358
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on a Dell Axim X50v (PPC), and no connection problems with my Sony Erricsson T610 cell phone.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: