Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOM TOM MOBILE 5 TOO QUIET
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOM TOM MOBILE 5 TOO QUIET

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gill57
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: TOM TOM MOBILE 5 TOO QUIET Reply with quote

Hi :D
Can anyone tell me if there is a way that I can make the audio on the ttm5 any louder Question I can hardly hear it when i'm driving. Are there any mods I can use to amplify the sound Question This is the only problem I have with this setup. (Nokia 3230, TTM5 & BT GPS), i'ts been working faultlessly apart from the volume. Sad
Any info would be appreciated.
with regards
gill57
buphone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What settings do you have for the volume preferences?

Go to:
'Change preferences'
'Volume preferences'

You will see a slider for sound volume and a tick box for 'Link volume to car speed'.

You can also adjust the volume during a journey by moving your phone's 4 way button right and left.
gill57
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have already been through the change preferences etc. with no joy.
thanks anyway.
MR_WHITE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem, the sound on TT mobile is way too quiet, I was using Route 66 mobile and the sound is a lot louder on that software,

I am using a Nokia 6600
cootuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't get a modded voice file then I used a TDK Outloud mono flat-panel powered speaker that I plug into the headphones socket. Only a few quid off Ebay
gill57
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D
I have sorted the volume thing with tt5. I now use my bluetooth headset and the audio comes through it loud and clear. I found this out by asking about dual bluetooth pairing in a seperate post.
I was going to buy an in car kit to see if that would let me hear it more clearly but I have (or should I say Foxhunter) saved a few quid. Thanks very much. :D
jono400
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cootuk wrote:
If you can't get a modded voice file then I used a TDK Outloud mono flat-panel powered speaker that I plug into the headphones socket. Only a few quid off Ebay

Any links on where on ebay I will find a speaker like you mention ??

sounds just what I need !!
gill57
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jono400

YPM
:D
Nords
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparky has just posted this on the beginner's forum. It seems that Tomtom's implementation isn't the same on each mobile? Anyone confirm?

My P910i was quiet when hands free but it appears that the foam in the cradle (std general version) covered the speaker (next to camera lense). A bit of additional foam later and it's clear and a little louder!

sparky2086 wrote:
I have just purchased the TT500 and a new bluetooth enabled Sony Ericsson V600i mobile phone. These two items are not compatible and you cannot get audio on the hands free. I spoke to tomtom (which took 4 days to get through) and was told about the incompatability, the told me that there are only 4 phones that give the full range of features and about 20 that give some of the features. This is not Make of phone but model !!!!
Tomtom disguise this information but shout loudly about "hands free"
I am returning my tomtom as i have 14 days to do so, the tomtom does not accurately describe that it will work on very few phones. It makes a claim that it works with most phones which is a lie. Crying or Very sad
jono400
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone recommend a mobile phone holder which has a built in speaker systmn to boost the overall volume off the nokias volume ??

not too bothered about it having a handsfree facilty its main importance is boosting the audio when used in sat nav mode.
one off the above posters mentioned using a mono flat panel powered speaker with there phone but have looked on ebay and cant see anything like this.

due to also requiring an in car phone holder asw ell wondered if there was anything available that would do both jobs at once ??

what do you other folks use in boosting the volume off there mobile phones audio for use with tom tom ??

bluetooth is out off the question due to the 6600 only allowing one bluetooth gadget at a time and using the sat nav receiver obvisouly rules this idea out.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: