Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OK we have got V5. What do we want to see in Version 6.0
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OK we have got V5. What do we want to see in Version 6.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Ability to associate a postcode with each contact in the contacts.txt file, so that you can 'navigate to' contacts in your phonebook.

2. Ability to store a new POI quickly on the move.
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMH wrote:
2. Ability to store a new POI quickly on the move.

Thanx to ScaredyCat you can do this.

http://www.automated.it/ttg-apps.html

You want Quickam
Great-Britain-Map v390
Unplugged
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to quick add POIs is unlikly to happen as it encourages people to use the unit while driving which is dangerous and most likly illegal. Moral obligations aside It would look bad on TomTom if they decided on this.

And before people say "Well you can pull over" yes you can.... but then you can pull over and go though the normal route ;)

Maybe a WARN IF ON ROAD option so you only get PIO alerts if there on the road your currently on. (without having to plan a route) would be good. Its quite annoying getting 30mph speed cam warnings when you heading down a motoway.
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unplugged wrote:
The ability to quick add POIs is unlikly to happen as it encourages people to use the unit while driving which is dangerous and most likly illegal. Moral obligations aside It would look bad on TomTom if they decided on this.

Great-Britain-Map v390
benedictheal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: North-up display Reply with quote

I would love to have a north-up display, in addition to the driver's view display. I find it gives me a better feeling of the overall structure of the journey. Also, if my passenger is looking at a map of interesting places to visit, it is much easy to synchronise her view with the driver's view of where one is.
Any comments?
Benedict
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: North-up display Reply with quote

benedictheal wrote:
I would love to have a north-up display, in addition to the driver's view display. I find it gives me a better feeling of the overall structure of the journey. Also, if my passenger is looking at a map of interesting places to visit, it is much easy to synchronise her view with the driver's view of where one is.
Any comments?
Benedict

Yes, I think I'd probably settle for North Up when in 2-D mode, and Travel Direction Up in 3-D mode.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do get a scalable North Up display when in browse map mode. The only problem is that the map doesnt scroll with the GPS position. All TT really need to do is implement a lock GPS cursor feature to achieve this for us. Something that was available in previous versions.
Unplugged
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim-Bob wrote:
Unplugged wrote:

No I meant by TomTom themselfs Sad you can do whatever you want if you write your own apps Laughing
Stanley_Tweedle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Search by Street Name only (with positional sorting) Reply with quote

Without entering a city I want to be able to enter a street name, then sort by distance from current GPS position or any other location (including city name!).

Basically a way of finding streets that doesn't rely on us having the exact city (or town/village) name.

To ease CPU usage and speed up the sort onlt straight line distances need be considered.

As an example of the need for such an feature, imagine a taxi driver who has a customer asking for street x who doesn't know the postal area city name; the driver can search and give the customer a likely list of choices.
(Because local authority boundaries do not necesarrily match postal area there is often confusion as to which city a street is actually in).

At the moment unless the user knows the postal area city (or village) there isn't a way to use TT to help find the destination .
SpyderMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Ver 6.0 Reply with quote

You know what I would like to see is a simplified trip computer... like avg speed, highest speed, lowest speed, distance traveled, road traveled slowest/highest etc etc etc... I am sure that would be a very good addition. I am sure others could think of other functions to incorporate.
:D
DriveBy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see:

The ability to control what type of roads we prefer to drive on and be able to move the narrow country lanes right down the preference schedule.

IE just drive using main roads only where that is possible. (You would not believe the roads my TT took me down today in North Yorks Rolling Eyes )

The ability to drive a return route in a reverse of the outward journey where that is possible - instead of it taking me back home by a completely different route. (I am sure that was in TTN3?)

The ability to store more than 40 POI, mine is almost full up just with speed camera types.

The ability to route and avoid low bridges - that would be an absolute godsend to truck drivers and caravanners. All the low bridge locations on A and B roads are already in the public domain - they are printed on the Truckers Map, just add them into the mapping programme options.
HypoThermia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Route breadcrumbs.

Your current road position (or best estimate of) taken every (5, 10, 30, 60, 120, 300, user choice) seconds so that an "actual route taken" can be captured, reviewed, and exported from the device. It would be very much like a realtime captured itinerary.

Cheers,

Ian.
Old_Phil
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely would NOT want "North up" in 2-D mode, I prefer the current "Heading up" view. I never use the 3-D mode finding the 2-D map view far more useful. I know most of the rest of the world raves about the 3-D view, but I prefer the "bigger picture" you get with the 2-D map.

By all means have a choice - but under no circumstances should the "Heading UP" be removed from the 2-D map. PS My wifes Toyota Sat Nav has switcheable North up/ Heading up views. She likes one, I like the other. Strange creatures, women!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the easiest way to keep everyone happy with that issue be to leave everything as it is, except for when you go to "browse map", the display scrolls when the "you" arrow gets to the edge.
cobramez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) The bility to "mark" certain roads as now unaccesable (town centre closures etc)
2) when you enter a town and street to give only the street in that town not all in the database (i.e. High street will bring loads usually in postcode order rather than closest to town entered)
3) voice off, poi alert on as a std feature
4) ability to put in street names where it shows "unnamed road"

other than that an excellent piece of kit, highly recomended

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: