Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - They disgust me
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

They disgust me
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatmanscoop
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: They disgust me Reply with quote

Why do people keep making money out of other peoples hard word check this out.

These SCUM are unreal and this community should try and put a stop to this if anyone has any ideas post feedback ...
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never used ebay myself but heres a thought- post something for sale on ebay, in the advert place all the links etc where to get the pois splash screens etc for free
sparkey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you.

I would have liked the star wars voices that cpt burns kindly done for members of the forum,but someone grabbed them all and started selling them on ebay when found out it was taken from download site Crying or Very sad .it will end up that no one will help people with anything just in case your the one selling stuff.
paul-pearson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, most people don't know they can get this stuff for free so they think a couple of quid is a bargain, i quite agree that setting up a fake auction pointing newbies in the right direction is a fantastic idea, but what about the listing fees ?
but on the plus side, and there is one, the auctions are only for say 99pence each....its a + feedback for a quid at the end of the day.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocket GPS World is fighting back

Have a look at the images on this ebay ad Pistol Shoot Out
fatmanscoop
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like lots .... Laughing Laughing Laughing more of it i say ...
ScaredyCat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
Pocket GPS World is fighting back,
Have a look at the image on the add Pistol Shoot Out

You mean to tell me that not only is this person selling the db from here, but they've also had the cheek to link the image direct! ...

SC
fatmanscoop
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sent a message to sgt banjo who was selling the splash screens on ebay well here is is educated responce

Quote:
Response from sgt.banjo
Item: Tomtom Go, 300, 500, 700 Splash screens (5793690541)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
sgt.banjo is the seller.

I suggest you download them then! I really don't see what the problem is. Keep your nose out of other peoples business and worry about something really important like this governments immigration policy or fuel prices. I guarantee you will have at least one piece of copied software on your computer. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones now should they!

what a fool Rolling Eyes and a parasite
dill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: They disgust me Reply with quote

I agree with you all.

Have you seen what they are doing now.

eBay Item

Check the negative feedback.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:

You mean to tell me that not only is this person selling the db from here, but they've also had the cheek to link the image direct! ...
SC

Yes, they do it to lots of web sites, you can't spend your life watching them all.

Even my personal web site here.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you post a (strongly-worded) question to the seller, doesn't it automatically go up on ebay for all to see? You can also hide your email address from them. I would do it myself but my e-bay name is too recognisable!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
If you post a (strongly-worded) question to the seller, doesn't it automatically go up on ebay for all to see?

No, the seller has the option to choose which or indeed if any questions get displayed on the sale page.
jksinrod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: They disgust me Reply with quote

fatmanscoop wrote:
Why do people keep making money out of other peoples hard word check this out.

These SCUM are unreal and this community should try and put a stop to this if anyone has any ideas post feedback ...

Sorry I have to disagree. Ebay only represents a fair marketplace for those that may not know how or be able to do all themselves. For them, spending a bit is perfectly fine for the convenience of getting it all, plus the instructions. The seller has to do a fair amount of work in listing, paying fees, collecting, shipping etc. If the material is free, then guaranteed someone will find a way to sell it. It's like movies that are now in the public domain. You can get them free on the net, or buy them from an Ebay seller that already found them, and packaged them for you. This is no scam, and perfectly fine in my eyes.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: They disgust me Reply with quote

jksinrod wrote:
Sorry I have to disagree. Ebay only represents a fair marketplace for those that may not know how or be able to do all themselves. For them, spending a bit is perfectly fine for the convenience of getting it all, plus the instructions. The seller has to do a fair amount of work in listing, paying fees, collecting, shipping etc. If the material is free, then guaranteed someone will find a way to sell it. It's like movies that are now in the public domain. You can get them free on the net, or buy them from an Ebay seller that already found them, and packaged them for you. This is no scam, and perfectly fine in my eyes.

That's not the case at all. Regardless of whether the source material is free or not, this is theft clear and simple.

In the case of our database for example, whilst we make no charge for it we do benefit by increased traffic to our website which in turn brings revenue from advertisers. We need this to pay the hosting costs and administration fees, we use in excess of 300Gb of bandwidth each month and that does not come cheap!

Now when we spend a great deal of time collating all the camera data and compiling it into a download we have a right to expect that if nothing else it gets us exposure and increases our visitor count. How can you possibly justify the acts of thieves who copy our data and then re-sell it for a profit!! Please don't insult me by suggesting these low life's are performing a service to others, their only motive is profit, and if it means ripping someone else off in the process they will.

Your analogy in respect of movies is also misplaced, they may be available for free but they are still PIRATED and hence unlawfully obtained. The fact that someone has gone to the trouble of downloading and burning them to disc does not change this one cent.

Of course the end result for us is we lose traffic, if it becomes a serious problem then we can either drop the database altogether or start charging for it ourselves. I know I for one wish it to remain a free resource but I sure as hell am not going to work every weekend and most evenings to line the pockets of eBay scammers.
sparkey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey if they have linked to your web site change picture to something else for a couple of days as link will go onto they ebay page Twisted Evil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: