Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Traffic Updates
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Traffic Updates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BudgieUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Traffic Updates Reply with quote

Hi, does anyone understand how TT5 knows that there is traffic info to download? I have been using it for some weeks now, and the BT and GPRS connections are MUCH better than previously with TT3, but I just cannot understand how it knows to download some more traffic data... sometimes it updates every 3 or 4 mins, then other times it doesn't update for 25 mins.....

Also, I sometimes see the indicator at the top right of the screen is showing yellow (meaning there is some updated traffic info to be downloaded.... but as I have set no restriction on how often it updates, surely I should never see this indication??

This is not really a problem, but im just intrigued Smile
mstockha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Support call open with tomtom Reply with quote

...on this very subject, the updates seem very random, dont happen at all sometimes, and as for the yellow indicator..... if tomtom knows there is up to date traffic information (and has spent my valuable GPRS data finding this out) wouldnt it be nice if it downloaded it and told me about the traffic situation!

Initially my support call was greeted with a "cannot reproduce" message, but its now in "research", time will tell..

Very annoying since having spent £50 on the upgrade, plus traffic plus the GPRS cost it would be nice if it equalled the functionality of version 3!!

(rant over)

To sum up, you are not alone and Tomtom know about it FWIW

MS

ipaq 3630, Pretec CF GPS, Ipaq 5550 Fortuna Slim GPS, TTNAV 5.10 w traffic , SPV C500

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: