Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio 268, 269
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio 268, 269
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BishBosh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Neil,

The files you sent me worked a treat.. :D

Very pleased I tried to get a picture from last night but the image is a little unfocused however you can make out the camera location.....

So there it is proof you can get speed camera locations and other POI,s on the Mio 269.

One thing though, I get a white with black writing gps location over the bottom part of the screen as you can see in the photo which obscures the driving instructions. Any idea how to not show this?

Thanks
Bish
NeilBennett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: GPS display on screen Reply with quote

Bish,
I have seen other references to this type of problem - but not with mios - more median PNA series devices - search the forums or other forums on other sites and you may find the work around - If I stumble on the threads that resolve this I will post it back here.

Also there are some screen capture programmes that work well to save you the hassle of getting the Digital Camera out - glad that you are pleased with the results, and hope that helps you drive more 'safely'.

Neil
djrm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Bish,

To move or remove the data put on the screen by POIObserver you need to edit the file POIObserver.ini, an easy way to do this is by using the windows tool OBSDesign available from www.navifriends.com

Here is a screendump of OBSDesign.exe running and below the POIObserver.ini file it made. To disable any of the sections smudge the manes in square brackets, i.e. change [COOR] to [//COOR] and that section will no longer display. (you must restart POIObserver for changes to take effect)

btw The White on brown overlay suffers from bad flickering as the screen is redrawn. You can use mph for the speed display too.

hth Dave.

// POIObserver INI file
[GENERAL]

[POBS]
PosX=293
PosY=23
SizeX=26
SizeY=18
WindBorder=
BackColour=0x0000ff
TextColour=0xffffff
FontSizeX=7
FontSizeY=14
FontWeight=0
FontAngle=0
FontOrient=0
FontName=Courier
DimensionText=:
SatFixColour=0xA018
NoSatFixColour=0x0098D8

[ANNO]
PosX=0
PosY=29
SizeX=194
SizeY=30
WindBorder=1
BackColour=0xff
TextColour=0xffffff
FontSizeX=8
FontSizeY=16
FontWeight=1
FontAngle=0
FontOrient=0
FontName=Tahoma

[TIME]
PosX=224
PosY=216
SizeX=66
SizeY=18
WindBorder=0
BackColour=0x29384A
TextColour=0xFFFFFF
FontSizeX=7
FontSizeY=14
FontWeight=0
FontAngle=0
FontOrient=0
FontName=Courier
TimeCorrSecs=0
TimeZone=L

[HGHT]
PosX=224
PosY=186
SizeX=66
SizeY=18
WindBorder=0
BackColour=0x29384A
TextColour=0xFFFFFF
FontSizeX=7
FontSizeY=14
FontWeight=0
FontAngle=0
FontOrient=0
FontName=Courier
HeightCorrection=1
HeightCorrMeters=48
Dimension=m
DimensionText=m

[SPED]
PosX=155
PosY=185
SizeX=66
SizeY=18
WindBorder=1
BackColour=0x29384A
TextColour=0xFFFFFF
FontSizeX=7
FontSizeY=14
FontWeight=0
FontAngle=0
FontOrient=0
FontName=Courier
Dimension=kmph
DimensionText=kmh

[HEAD]
PosX=154
PosY=215
SizeX=66
SizeY=18
WindBorder=1
BackColour=0x29384A
TextColour=0xFFFFFF
FontSizeX=7
FontSizeY=14
FontWeight=0
FontAngle=0
FontOrient=0
FontName=Courier
Dimension=dd
PenWidth=1
PenColour=0xff

[COOR]
PosX=196
PosY=29
SizeX=66
SizeY=30
WindBorder=1
BackColour=0x29384A
TextColour=0xFFFFFF
FontSizeX=6
FontSizeY=12
FontWeight=0
FontAngle=0
FontOrient=0
FontName=Courier
BishBosh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djrm, great that worked. :D

Thanks to you both for your help.

laurencewhite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Novice - Help required Reply with quote

I'm trying to customize my Mio 269 by following the instructions on the GPS Passion forum (see http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28427
but how do I get the unit to recognize the files that are on the SD card?

When I'm at stage 5 of the instructions and I click the lefthand Icon to go into the Contacts section, all I see is the contact entries that I have previously transferred from my PC.

I can't see any options to navigate to the SD card or access the file explorer to allow me to upload the mio.reg and Regedit files.

Can anyone tell me where i'm going wrong?
NeilBennett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: unlocking Reply with quote

laurencewhite,

It sounds like you have not tranfered the renamed file correctly. 1c I think, you need to use the mio transfer\install contacts application to install the renamed file. when you hit the contacts icon in the mio it launches this file. Or.. you may have done it but when the contact screen comes up touch the screen at the very bottom right corner - there should be a thin grey line of the hidden task bar
NeilBennett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: unlocking Reply with quote

laurencewhite,

It sounds like you have not tranfered the renamed file correctly. 1c I think, you need to use the mio transfer\install contacts application to install the renamed file. when you hit the contacts icon in the mio it launches this file. Or.. you may have done it but when the contact screen comes up touch the screen at the very bottom right corner - there should be a thin grey line of the hidden task bar
laurencewhite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Sucess Reply with quote

Many thanks Neil,

When I got your reply I rechecked my actions and discovered that I was not following the instructions correctly. :x

All is well and I'm off to try and load POI Warner now.

Cheers,

Laurence
NeilBennett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: poi Reply with quote

laurence,
PoiWarner is a cost option which is less hassle than poiobserver but does a similar job - why not try and give poiobserver a go; once you have the knack of creating the file it is quite straightforward , especially to be able to create your own files and groups of poi
laurencewhite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Neil, I'll give it a go later when I have more time and let you know how I get on.

By the way, can the Mio 269 be reverted back to how it was before I unlocked it, should I ever want to do this?

Laurence
NeilBennett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: reverting to factory settings Reply with quote

Yes, but you need to backtrck on some of the things that have been altered such as the registry edit for the virtual comm port manager. Additionally on the 269 of you have stored anything additionally on the Hard Drive or the flash drive these will need to go.

A quick hard reset does the rest.
laurencewhite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: POIObserver HELP!!! Reply with quote

Hi Neil,

I have followed the instructions to install POIObserver but I'm stuck at a couple of bits:-

When I use the POIConfigurator.exe what do I enter in the various fields accross the screen? Do I just insert the same information thats on the copy in the tutorial section?

As I didn't know what do do here I skipped this bit and went on to amend the Comport setting to '0'and copied that back to the Mio.

I then went on to configure POIObserver but my settings were already at COM 2 in 'Source' and COM 0 for the 'Virtual COM port' so I left them as they were.

However, when I launch POIObserver and click 'Activate' I get an error message that states 'Can't open POIObserverObsFile:'\Program Files\POIObserver\Observer.obs', Error No 2:

Do have any thoughts on what's causing this and can you advise re the fields on the POIConfigurator.exe
NeilBennett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: POI issues Reply with quote

laurencewhite,
Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Configurator is the tool to specify what you want and how you want poi to be displayed.
I can send you a file and locations to get you started. poiobserver requires some files to run which are created only when you use configurator to create a file.
Please send me your email address in a private message ,and I will send you the files. For configurator please press the help button as it tells you what is required for each field
Regards, Neil
NeilBennett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: New version of POIConfigurator and POIBatcher Reply with quote

A new version of POIConfigurator+ (plus) is available at Navifriends.de. This makes the proccess of creating files mucheasier than previously. It comes with new version of POIBatcher and is much neater at creating files with multiple POI databases.
roadsleeper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look here:

http://www.navifriends.com/phpbbForum/viewtopic.php?t=4435

Log in and download the .rar-file for British users. Installation of POIConfigurator+ and POIObserver step by step requires with this manual 10 minutes.

On this server are also sounds in English for all speed cameras used in GB.

Regards, Peter.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: