Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Quest Screen Shots?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Quest Screen Shots?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrrh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Quest Screen Shots? Reply with quote

Is there any way to get screen shots from my Quest?
elsinga
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, xImage from Garmin. It's free and you can download it from the Quest page on garmin.com.

GPS V FAQ Quest FAQ
Home @ N 52"55.812', E 05"51.509'
knoxie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yes its a cool little piece of software i used it to edit all the waypoint icons as they are not so good as std, did the splash screen, check my mcdonalds!

Cheers

Knoxie

Quest
Ram Mounted
Yamaha XT600E
smiffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any tips on changing the splash screen? I tried taking an image of my motorcycle, I resized it to match the original splash screen. I then saved the image as an 8-bit BMP. But when I try and upload the image it doesn't want to work.
elsinga
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

knoxie wrote:
Yes its a cool little piece of software i used it to edit all the waypoint icons as they are not so good as std, did the splash screen, check my mcdonalds!

I have a collection of custom waypoint icons online at http://www.elsinga.net/custom-waypoint-symbols.html. Want to send in yours? ;)

GPS V FAQ Quest FAQ
elsinga
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops.. a dot to many at the end of the URL... and no way to edit my own post... Sad

GPS V FAQ Quest FAQ
knoxie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smiffer wrote:
Any tips on changing the splash screen? I tried taking an image of my motorcycle, I resized it to match the original splash screen. I then saved the image as an 8-bit BMP. But when I try and upload the image it doesn't want to work.

Hello

I had this problem at first, it was because when i used the ximage program it was 1 directory out when looking for the file, i didnt notice it, it just couldnt find the file. Make sure you reduce the colours to 256 and you also name the file splash screen.bmp and then close the file in the image editor before you upload it. Hope that works for you.

Knoxie
knoxie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elsinga wrote:
Oops.. a dot to many at the end of the URL... and no way to edit my own post... Sad

Hi

Thanks for those they look great, I am working through my symbols as we type here, i Will uplaod a bunch when i am done, some I have done look great others take a bit of work, theres quite an art to it :-) Thanks again!

Knoxie
smiffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knoxie wrote:

I had this problem at first, it was because when i used the ximage program it was 1 directory out when looking for the file, i didnt notice it, it just couldnt find the file. Make sure you reduce the colours to 256 and you also name the file splash screen.bmp and then close the file in the image editor before you upload it. Hope that works for you.

Knoxie

aahh. i must be doing the same thing wrong with both the splash screen and waypoints. I've retrieved the splash screen from the unit, in case I need to fix something. I then opened the image I want to use in photoshop and resized my image to 240 x 160. I then save it as a BMP, 8-bits, on my desktop called Splash Screen.bmp. When I try and upload the image I of course get an error. The same problem with waypoints. Here is the image [url]http://www.sublimediversion.com/Splash Screen.bmp [/url] I have no idea why this doesn't want to work. It seems simple enough.
knoxie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smiffer

I will download it when i get in and try it to see if can load it and i will let you know the problem, I am sure we can get it to work ok.

Cheers

knoxie
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smiffer wrote:
knoxie wrote:

Knoxie

aahh. i must be doing the same thing wrong with both the splash screen and waypoints. I've retrieved the splash screen from the unit, in case I need to fix something. I then opened the image I want to use in photoshop and resized my image to 240 x 160. I then save it as a BMP, 8-bits, on my desktop called Splash Screen.bmp. When I try and upload the image I of course get an error. The same problem with waypoints. Here is the image [url]http://www.sublimediversion.com/Splash Screen.bmp [/url] I have no idea why this doesn't want to work. It seems simple enough.

knoxie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Skippy

I couldnt get the URL to work, is the image still there? i downloaded the other image of the bike, I cant see why this image wont load its exactly the same in all respects, very strange i will check it out in photoshop later to see what gives.

Cheers

Knoxie

Quest
Ram Mounted
Yamaha XT600E
smiffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knoxie wrote:
Hi Skippy

I couldnt get the URL to work, is the image still there? i downloaded the other image of the bike, I cant see why this image wont load its exactly the same in all respects, very strange i will check it out in photoshop later to see what gives.

Cheers

Knoxie

Quest
Ram Mounted
Yamaha XT600E

Thanks for trying. Glad It's just not me then Smile
knoxie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I just tested your bike image, it loads fine in to my Quest? are you sure you are pointing it to the right directory when it asks for the image? I converted a picture of my bike as well, worked fine? let me know if you get it to work ok Cheers, Knoxie.
smiffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knoxie wrote:
Hi

I just tested your bike image, it loads fine in to my Quest? are you sure you are pointing it to the right directory when it asks for the image? I converted a picture of my bike as well, worked fine? let me know if you get it to work ok Cheers, Knoxie.

Ok what step am I doing wrong here? I save the image to my Desktop. I then try and send the Splash Screen to the devie. When the window pops upaasking where my image is I choose the Desktop and click on OK. When the error pops up it shows the path to the image and it is correct. Whatever I'm dong wrong I'm also doing it wrong with waypoints too as I have the same problem. I know when you folks help me figure this out I'm gonna be mad because I'm sure it's just some little step I'm screwing up. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: