Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon Navteq BlueMedia With speed camera alerts how use ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon Navteq BlueMedia With speed camera alerts how use ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Itchy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SolPuerto wrote:
I purchased the Bluemedia unit from Makro for £199 plus VAT. It is also available from Staples about £270 inc VAT.
The unit worked OK, including the camera alerts, out the box and some 2 minutes after I attached it to the windscreen via the supplied bracket.
It also has exceeding the speed limit alerts but I had to activate this via the menus on the system itself.
The post code only works to the 4 th digit and then it gives you a list of streets. This also seems to be true of other systems. A pity but I can live with that as sofar everything else is OK. The problems with the software in regard to recalculation of route and roundabouts also seems to have been fixed in the version on the Bluemedia.
Destinator have what they call a user "Community" but you need a license key, not supplied with the unit. I e-mailed Destinator and Evesham about this yesterday (Saturday) but no reply yet.
For the money I am very pleased even with the cameras and speed alerts let alone the SatNav. :D

:D This Destinator Community was created for information change between Destinator and the Destinator 3 PDA costumers.
There is nothing for Destinator 3 PNA or Destinator ND costumers. It will most likely phase out as registration is no longer required :D
Satellite
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip Itchy :D
Satellite
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
sorry to be such a pain, but does anyone know if there is a postcode search/finder for Destinator 5 ?
Or Pc software that does the same job?
Thanks

Ps I would have my previous post and insert this message, but don't see any edit button. Anyone know if is possible?
Cheers
Itchy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can search on the first 5 digits of the postcode, you are then shown a list of roads in that code area.
Satellite
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks itchy,
sorry my fault I didn't explain right, what I meant was if there is a kind of overlay where one can enter the seven digits code, like the one for TT

The way you explained how to find a street works well, thanks. It much easier, I'm begining to like Destinator quite a lot, shame about the big green arrow it would have been nice a tad smaller. I know, you're right I whinge too much!!! :D
Thanks again
SolPuerto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks about the comments above regarding the Destinator Community.
Just for clarification in case I am missing something regarding post codes. You can enter a full post code but the system will only search on 5 digits and automatically inserts a space between the 3rd and 5th.
Can Destinator ND accept the .CSV files generated for camera alerts on this site, or must they be in .DAT format? Is there anything that can read .DAt or convert .CSV to it?

Have any users contacted Evesham for support?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Rolling Eyes
sandi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthBoy wrote:
I'd say go for it.

The manual and set-up guide has been improved a lot, and the camera database is bang up to date. Both are available from www.lowestonweb.com/destinator

Chris

Anyone had any problems trying to upload the camera database.
Have followed the instructions but when I go to paste in the new folder the paste box is greyed out. Any ideas?
cheers sandi Confused
Itchy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only reason for the paste box being greyed out would be that there is nothing to paste. Go to the folder you created with the downloaded files, hit 'edit' and 'select all' from the toolbar at the top. Then go to the specified location on the BM-6300 and hit 'edit' and paste.

I have updated twice now and all ok. Just double check you are copying the files first.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: