Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Spoken POI alerts for TomTom GO, Mobile, PocketPC and Palm
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Spoken POI alerts for TomTom GO, Mobile, PocketPC and Palm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lettice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a Tomtom GO 300
It came with v5.0 software, so updated to 5.2 from TT website

Put the Safety Camera database on it and the spoken POI alerts
Used the POI soundpathcher to organise the alerts.

Works a treat!

Thanks guys for the good work you are doing here.

Jon
Skater
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help! I can’t get the voice warnings to work.
I got a Tom Tom Go running v5.2 and I downloaded file 5244, copied the data files on my SD card to my hard drive of which there are four named: DATA, DATA04, DATA05, & COPY of DATA05, then I dragged 5244 onto the card & renamed it data.chk, still got the bells & whistles, am I missing something here?
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skater wrote:
Help! I can’t get the voice warnings to work.
I got a Tom Tom Go running v5.2 and I downloaded file 5244, copied the data files on my SD card to my hard drive of which there are four named: DATA, DATA04, DATA05, & COPY of DATA05, then I dragged 5244 onto the card & renamed it data.chk, still got the bells & whistles, am I missing something here?

Sounds like you've still got your original data.chk on your sd card. I'd download the file and try again. When you dragged the 5244 onto your sdcard and renamed it did you get a warning about replacing an existing file ? if not you've renamed it something else and not data.chk.
Do you have a full backup of your sdcard.
Skater
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank 4 that Ray, I'll try again.

Regards, Paul.
Skater
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ray,

Just to let you know, I got the voices on to my Tom Tom.

What it was, the file I needed to replace was just named “DATA” (no extension) so I deleted that & named the new file the same.

Works real good! although a more familiar accent would have been nice.

Cheers mate,
Paul.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the file is still called data.chk however the Pocket PC File explorer is hiding extensions. Use the ActiveSync Explorer instead (or Resco Explorer etc).

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
MKontic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Can't find data.chk file and can't get warnings to work :-( Reply with quote

I've followed the instructions for replacingthe said file... but failed at the first hurdle - I can't find a file called data.chk anywhere. I've found a data05.chk and tried replacing this, but it made no difference. Could it be called something else? The data05.chk was found in My Device/Tomtom; no other files of a similar name exist anywhere in either main memory or on the SD card.

Can someone help please... I want to get rid of the damned bells, whistles, horns and cuckoos that TomTom seem to think people want! Have they never heard of CheckPoint??? Or did they just think that no one used it??? A little naive on their part!

I have TTN5 for PPC, and i've downloaded the correct file.

PLEASE HELP :-/
MKontic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Sorted! :-) Reply with quote

It's ok everyone, i've sorted it. You can't do a search for files on your PPC (can you???), but I found a post a few pages back (24 pages is rather long) which says that the file data.chk can be located in Program Files/Navigator... and so it was. I replaced it and everything works fine and dandy.

One happy navigator (or is it navigatee?).

PS All I need to find now is how to create my own sounds/voices.
jo308
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Missing voice category Reply with quote

have just added the camera database including the separate speed categories and the voice warnings to my TomTom 700; all working fine except that there doesn't seem to be a voice warning for Gatso 70.

Thanks for a fantastic site.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing voice category Reply with quote

jo308 wrote:
have just added the camera database including the separate speed categories and the voice warnings to my TomTom 700; all working fine except that there doesn't seem to be a voice warning for Gatso 70.

Thanks for a fantastic site.

That's because there is a limit of 15 alerts. Just use the 'Gatso' warning.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
MAH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Help Please only one camera alert Reply with quote

Hi there,

I seem to be having problems with getting the sound files to work with the speed camera POI. The only one that I ssem to have is Mobile. How do I configure all the others. I went in the the section that shows the POI and then onto the assign sound but do not know how to assign all the other sounds to the other types of camera. Um hope this makes sense.

Mark - 2 day owner of TTG300
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Help Please only one camera alert Reply with quote

MAH wrote:
Hi there,

I seem to be having problems with getting the sound files to work with the speed camera POI. The only one that I ssem to have is Mobile. How do I configure all the others. I went in the the section that shows the POI and then onto the assign sound but do not know how to assign all the other sounds to the other types of camera. Um hope this makes sense.

On the Select a Warning Sound screen there are 2 Arrows. With these you can scroll either way through the list. Pressing Test will play back the Warning Sound. Select the one you want for the camera you are setting up.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
MAH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Help Please only one camera alert Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
MAH wrote:
Hi there,

On the Select a Warning Sound screen there are 2 Arrows. With these you can scroll either way through the list. Pressing Test will play back the Warning Sound. Select the one you want for the camera you are setting up.

Sorry forgot to mention - when I go into the POI section I can only see PocketGPS......poi, there doesn't appear to be a breakdown of the individual cameras

Cheers

Mark
mike30
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the guys @ Pocket Gps World would be interested with the message I sent Friday Evening to Tomtom (I will post the reply When I get it this week, so stay tune).

"Message sent to Tomtom"
If you have got it so right with the process then how is it that Standsted Airport J8 and Braintree Essex A120 and A130 to Basildon Essex are totally incorrect? Especially when I have already well into last year reported these errors to you and still nothing has been done about them.
"Strange" but not surprising.
Oh by the way check out

http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=23625&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

To see how happy your customers really are.
I will not be buying any more Tomtom products in the future and will convert others to do like wise.
Yours sadly A very unhappy Customer.

By the way if they do decide to read our comments then let them have it and see how unhappy we really have been since they have "TAKEN US ALL FOR A RIDE"
MAH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Please only one camera alert Reply with quote

[quote="MAH"]
Oldboy wrote:
MAH wrote:
Hi there,

Sorry forgot to mention - when I go into the POI section I can only see PocketGPS......poi, there doesn't appear to be a breakdown of the individual cameras

Cheers

Mark

whoops - sorry my mistake - I had selected the ALL version, rather than the individual files.

All seems OK now

Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 24 of 73

Jump to: