Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Say You are luck if TTN5 works! You have been warned!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Say You are luck if TTN5 works! You have been warned!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky if it works? Well, I'm unlucky because my gps and TT5 don’t sodding well work. I have the new BT338 and its brilliant with TT3, Memory Map and any other program that one cares to mention. Except TT5. I feel that I have been robbed of 69 euros and feel right uptight about it. Do I wait patiently for a remedy from Tomtom or do I try to get a refund. However, the chances of a refund are about zero.
raistlin295
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess who's setup is now working? Laughing
ROBBINS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked TT this question:-

"I have upgraded to TT5, but have great difficulty in using this with my Holux GR230 GPS - as are others."

and got the following reply:-

"Thank you for your email. Navigator upgrade is software only. a retail version of navigator 5 will be release in the summer.
You can buy a TomTom gps from our webstore."

So having bought the upgrade which included maps of europe at what appeared to be a bargain price, we are now told we need to spend another £125 on TTGPS.

Can someone tell me, is it two way information between BTgps and the iPAQ, or how does TT5 respond better with TTGPS rather than another GPS

Robbins
raistlin295
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomtoms tech support certainly stinks

I have also told them to look on this forum for their information.

It was only by trawling through the wealth of ideas on here that I got mine working at last

If it was upto them, I'd have needlessly spent out £125 by now and be saddled with a perfectly good (but redundant) BT-338

I think I will be VERY careful with Tomtom in the future
deesoft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: TomTom (the company) Reply with quote

I am an Olie (past retirement) but very technically aware, having been in IT for over 25 years. Anyway, back to my thoughts. I have used TomTom oructs for over 10 years (then know as Patmtop) and I always used to find them helpful. The use mto supply quircky little products for PDA's but suddenly eith the success of their Navigation products, they seem to have got very hard-nosed. I think that TT5 will be my last TomTom product , what finally has finished me off is the way they have handled the distribution of this latest offering. THe dispatch of orders completely out of sequence.
Ah well that is my rant, off to my Horlicks and so to bed.
raistlin295
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is Tomtoms definitive solution:-

Quote:
Dear Mr *****,

TomTom are investigating the issue with Navigator 5 and
3rd party GPS receivers.
When we know the solution we will present an FAQ on www.tomtom.com

Thanks for your understanding.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

At least they now accept a certain degree of responsibility
clivers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like TT3 im sure it will be fixed by december Laughing
PaulBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A word of warning if you have had enough of TT v5 & wish to claim a refund TomTom have (eventually) replied to my request for a refund stating that it is possible to get a refund but all such requests should be made within FOURTEEN DAYS of purchase - so dont hang about Laughing
As per my own thread in this forum they also stated thay wanted to assist me resolve the issues which for four days despite my best efforts have never resulted in me getting v5 running so I have gone back to v3
Paul ;)
I_Need_Help
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I installed the 2.07 TT GPS and you can run this standalone and the single from the GPS is steady, still not the case in TTN5 Sad

But my nice new Leadtek 9537 GPS arrived this morning and it seems to be OK with TTN5 I yet to road test it so will let you know what happens later!
I_Need_Help
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the latest up date from TT:
Basically we promise functionality using our software and our hardware, use any soft- or hardware not from us, and we can not promise the other will work. We will not investigate until the 3. party component has been removed and replaced with the TomTom unit verified and supported. Put differently, as long as you are using a GPS from a competitor, we will not do anything, even if the problem is in our software (which never has been approved for use with anything but TomTom hardware). We have designed our software to work with our hardware, if you get anything else to work, nobody will stop you, but we will not support it. We only guarantee functionality with a 100% TomTom solution. Replace the software and we cannot guarantee functionality of the hardware, and vice versa.
raistlin295
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO you suppose Tomtom have tow (or three) support offices on different planets? Confused

Look at the differing answers we are receiving to effectively the same questions!

Clearly they haven't a clue themselves, never mind us.

How could they even think of putting out software this buggy? Who do they think they are? Micro$oft? ;)
I_Need_Help
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now they say this:
Dear Mr Gardener,

"...so I still believe you have an issue that you will need to resolve for your customers".
You are not our customer when it comes to the GPS, you are Leadteks and Globalsats customer. You are our customer in that you own our application, which installs and starts with no errors. And since you don't own a TomTom GPS, we can not test the promised functionality of our application any further.

The only TomTom product you have works exactly as we have promised. If other GPS manufacturers want to make their GPS units compatible with our software, that is completely OK with us, but we will not provide support for them, they must do that themselves.

I think you know our policies by now. I will not go into any troubleshooting with this equipment.

You mentioned you did not agree with these policies and don't believe me when I say that this is completely standard with practically all helpdesks (every manufacturer I can think of, has the exact same policy), I will therefore add a link to a page that explains the complaint procedure for you.

Title: What is the complaint procedure inside TomTom ?
URL: http://62.250.17.58/cgi-bin/uk.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3127&p_created=1113579534

So just what planet are they on! Well I will be looking for another Nav software B4 TTN6 comes out!!!
I_Need_Help
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22258&start=0

the above thread gets to the root of the problem!

keep reporting it to TT
CJackel492
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had problems with my TT Mk1 BT GPS Receiver,

This is a genuine TT product and it doesn't work smoothly with TTN5,

I think a refund is the only path 2 take,

I liked TTN3, Interface worked well, lots of options, the only 2 things that let it down was the lack of full postcode support and old maps,

Having to use TTN5 just for the postcodes is a waste of time, as the maps havn't improved,

Carl,
I_Need_Help
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know the MDs name at tomtom I thaink aletter is called for, or may be I will just write to a few mags!

Before you re turn TTN5 open a problem with them and refer them to this thread!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: