Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Mobile 4 with SVP C500, GPS transmitter issues?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Mobile 4 with SVP C500, GPS transmitter issues?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: TT Mobile 4 with SVP C500, GPS transmitter issues? Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I got an SVP C500 with generic GPS transmitter from eBay (the two came together, but the transmitter looks identical to the one in this auction http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4668&item=5775791109&rd=1).

Initially the two didn't work together, then worked for a split second, then failed to work again and haven't worked since.

I've followed the various similar guides about disabling the COM ports, deleting the Bluetooth device, re-enabling the COM ports, then adding it. But it hasn't worked. Tom-Tom still gives a lost GPS signal message (I get the same message with the transmitter turned off). When Tom-Tom starts the transmitter shows a pulsing light that is supposed to mean a connection.

I tried using the transmitter with a Logitech Bluetooth system (with mouse and keyboard) and it didn't discover it which seemed a bit odd, although again I noticed the pulsing light when I was in range.

Do you think the GPS transmitter might be faulty? Or could it be something else?

Any help greatly appreciated, as this is driving me crazy.

Thanks
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, auction link merged with bracket. Here it is again http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4668&item=5775791109&rd=1
deleste
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you applied the SPV C500 patch? If so, activate TomTom traffic, and that should start the gps working. It worked with me, anyway.
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I forgot to follow up on this.

It was a simple solution, partly a problem with the GPS manual and user error. The GPS simply hadn't got a signal, yet the manual said a red light meant it does have a signal. What I needed though was a *flashing* red light, which means it has a signal. A solid red light is no signal.
spookoverload
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: TomTom 4 with Generic Bluetooth GPS Reply with quote

Hiya

Can u post me ur setup as we have just bought one of these for our existing tomtom mobile 4 & cannot for the life of us get it to work. It worked fine with our older TomTom GPS but that has decided to die & stop transmitting/receiving bluetooth.

Has urs got the TomTom Traffic patch installed, if so what is the file structure/layout on ur memory card as this is puzzling me as well.

many thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: