Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT v5 Upgrade - PPC and/or Mobile ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT v5 Upgrade - PPC and/or Mobile ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: TT v5 Upgrade - PPC and/or Mobile ? Reply with quote

I have posted in this forum & read the numerous threads from people having problems getting v5 up & running - this is the case with my 2210 & Fortuna BT GPS - after a whole day of trying I am close to giving up & unless someone can tell me otherwise I dont believe it is possible to get a refund for my wasted Euros (?)
I noticed in the upgrade box there appears to be software for TT Mobile v5 - If I cant resolve the issues around my 2210 would it be possible to revert to installing the software on my mobile or (as I suspect) is it the case that once you activate the Pocket PC software you wont be able to run the Mobile software
Using TT on my mobile wouldnt be ideal but it would be better than kissing goodbye to nearly 69 Euros!
Yours in angst ... Paul Confused
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up just yet. Does the GPS work with other programs?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
PaulBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz - thanks for your positive message! - no that's what has really hacked me off - I also have Memory Map on my PPC & it wouldnt work either! - In fact I've just tried uninstalling TT v5 & MM wont work still -Guess I've really messed up something (?) - I'm reinstalling TT v5 at the minute to see if that makes any difference - I used this Forum (& lots of your help) to get TT & MM working together (GPS 3.07 et al) Is it too ealry to say if tt v5 has the same issues (?) What GPS driver would you recommend I use (?)
What the story on my last straw - TT Mobile (?)
TIA - Paul ;)
PaulBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure everyone is really busy trying to get their TT5 up and running!
After 4 days I have given up - TT5 screwed up my whole GPS setup and Memory Map refused to work as well - So I have taken it off & gone back to TT3 & GPS 3.07 & Robert's your mothers brother! TT3 works & Memory Map too!
I have now emailed TomTom asking about a refund as the software does not work - I dont expect I'll get a refund (unless someone knows different?) but it cant hurt to ask?
I have also asked them if I cant have a refund if I could revert to TT5 Mobile (which appears to be in the upgrade box) or does the fact that I have activated the PPC version mean I cant use the Mobile version? Does anyone here know (or care to speculate?)
Yours in frustration ... Paul Confused
sooty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have managed to get V5 working without connection problems on my Ipaq HX4700 (ROM 1.10) with TomTom wired, Emtac BT and Royaltek BT300 receivers. I have also set up V5 for a friend on an Ipaq 2210 with Royaltec BT3000, again without connection issues.

I do have problems with POI's on the GB map as do a number of other users here but no connection problems.

I have noticed that V5 takes much longer to establish the GPS connection and reveive a signal than V3 did. In V3's GPS configuration screen you could see instantly if the receiver was communicating with the PPC even if a valid fix wasn't available.

This is how I went about the setup if it helps anyone.

Remove all traces of TTN V3 from the PPC and the memory card.
Install TTN V5
Install relevent map(s) to the memory card.
Run TomTom and go through all the configuration & activation stuff.
Initially choose tomtom wired GPS as the receiver to get the program working.
Pair the PPC and BT reciver via PPC bluetooth manager.
Create a serial port shortcut to the BT receiver via PPC bluetooth manager.
Connect to the receiver via the bluetooth manager shortcut.
Run TomTom again and select other bluetooth receiver and in my case bluetooth serial port on com8.
Wait a few seconds and open GPS settings in TTN and all was working fine.

When you shut down TTN it will close the BT GPS connection and switch off bluetooth. It does on the HX4700 anyway. When TTN is restared it will switch on bluetooth and create the connection to the GPS. This can take quite a long time (up to a minute or so in my case) and during this timeTTN displays the 'No GPS Device!' message but it does connect eventually. Even with the wired receiver it can take a long time to establish the connection even if a valid gps fix is already available.

Hope it helps

Sooty
PaulBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sooty - thanks for your reply & exhaustive detailing of how you sorted v5 out on two PPC's (you must have the patience of a saint!)
I am still waiting to hear back from TomTom about a refund as I tried for days to get my particular combination of Ipaq / BT GPS / software working
I need a fully working sat nav for next week as I am off on holiday thru' England Wales ROI NI & Scotland - for that I intend to stick with v3 & may well try again to resolve my v5 issues when I have a week or more to spare!
I would still like to hear from anyone who could answer my questions on REFUNDS or TT5 MOBILE
Thanks again ... Paul ;)
sooty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how you will get on with TomTom with regards to a refund. I would suggest that they won't just roll over and give you your money back without a fight though.

I have the V5, 6 CD upgrade box for PPC but I didn't notice anything about TTN5 Mobile in it. I haven't browsed the install CD looking for it though because I already have the TTN5 mobile upgrade on my C500.

Who knows they might give in and let you have the mobile version, but if you dont have an earlier version of mobile to upgrade maybe not.

Let us know how you get on.
PaulBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sooty ...
TomTom have now replied via there user unfriendly complaint logging mechanism - suprisingly they didnt dismiss my request for a refund although they did say they'd "like to help me resolve the issues" and get v5 running - to get a refund you must request it within 14days (so I have done that ok)
I have replied that in the absence of a magic wand I feel I have given v5 a good chance to work with my combination and failed & requested a refund - I'll keep you posted how I get on ... Paul ;)
WiZeR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=117744#117744

works for me. should work for u
PaulBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiZeR ... not sure what your nick means but if it's anything to do with being wizer then it's spot on! :D
I went through the whole uninstall reinstall malarkey again having changed my GPS device from XT setting to ST and bingo v5 now works and even more amazingly doesn't mess around when I load Memory Map 8O
It has been said many times but I would like to reiterate if you want real support for your GPS Hardware & Software there is only one place to come - HERE!
One very happy bunny ... Paul ;)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: