Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman iCN510 - City/Town Centre - something missing ????
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman iCN510 - City/Town Centre - something missing ????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToonNo9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Navman iCN510 - City/Town Centre - something missing ???? Reply with quote

I'm convinced there nust be something gone astray with my brand new iCN510 !
For instance, if I try and set a destination for a City/Town Centre, there is a limited number available (AB Kettleby thru' Agden Brow to be precise)

That is a total of only 99 cities/Towns. Waht has happened to all the others in the alphabet after "Agden Brow" !!!

I've just got the kit, straight out of the box, this evening.
Version is reporting as 3.00.1008
English v3.01.1000
T-core-v1_16_0039 2004/11/05-14:14:16

The same thing appears to have happened with the POI's...............are there NO hotels in Newcastle upon Tyne (I think this is not correct !)
sorry, for this search in particular it does throw up the "Best Western New Kent" - which is definately not in Newcastle..
Am I missing something here - or could my unit be screwed ??

Any help would be appreciated on this, as I am new to it all - but suspect the worst.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you start inputting letters then the list will change to suit. For instance, type Newc and you will probably be presented with Newcastle Emlyn, Newcastle Under Lyme, Newcastle Upon Tyne, etc. It will only show a maximum of 99 places in alphabetical order.

As for the POIs, this is an issue about which Navman are aware, if I understand you correctly. I take it that you input Newcastle as the pace, then search for hotels and get hotels in Aberdeen, etc.?

There is an update to the software you are running. Start the SmartST Desktop on your PC and go online. Click Setup > Update software > Check for updates on the web. You should then download SP1 and it will install the Desktop updates. The next time you connect your iCN to the PC and start the Navman Desktop it will ask if you want to update the software on the iCN. You may be asked fot the original Navman CD at this point. This Service Pack is well worth installing as it fixes a number of issues.
ToonNo9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt reply and congratulations on an execllent site !!
Downloading SP1 was the first thing I had done with my Navman and from a posting I found earlier here, I thought the verison of the software refelected this.
However, there was no real confirmation from either the PC software or the Navman itself to notify me that the software update had been applied successfully. Is that the norm ?
How can it be verfiied that SP1 has been applied ?
Can it be established from within SmartST Desktop ?

I'll try again - but how will I know if it has worked.............mm

Once again thanks for all the help
(I've sent the same query off to Navman themselves so shall let you now the outcome of that query)

Cheers in advance
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I misread your numbers. It would appear that you do have SP1 installed. As to whether or not it's 'taken', try to update the software again if you're in any doubt.

It will either offer to update or inform you that no updates are available.
bootruss
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..look on "about" it will tell you the version there. It does look like you have sp1 already though.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: