Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can I get my money back?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I get my money back?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfcjohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Can I get my money back? Reply with quote

As an extremely happy TTN1 customer, I happily upgraded.

I have a 3630 with Nexian dual CF.   I managed to get it working until I played a route in demo mode, and turned it off mid demo.

It hasn't worked since despite 3 installs, upgrading to 2.05.

It starts up but then goes into slow mo mode, something will happen 1 minute after I click.

I have re-installed maps, deleted cfg files, tried everything to no avail.

I recommended this to others who have bought and had to downgrade their 3970s Roms to get it working.

What can I do?

BTW I have French maps not UK.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Can I get my money back? Reply with quote

I don't think the maps themselves are at issue here but there could be a combination of problems with program and maps. What I would suggest is to uninstall both TomTom Navigator 2 and the GPS program (both should show in Remote Programs. Then delete the \Great Britain directory completely. If you have any POI (OV2) files there, leave them in and the directory, but delete ALL files.

Now goto \Program Files and look for the TomTom directory, delete the whole directory and sub directories. Make sure it is deleted. If you haven't closed TTN2 properly then you may need to do a soft reset to get this to occur.

Next perform a soft reset, and double check that both directories are still not there. Now install the Program files to Main Memory and the Maps to CF card. When you install Voice make sure it goes to Main Memory also, same with GPS Driver.

Once installed then soft reset again and make sure it works. If you get the same problems, then I would suspect that there might be an issue with it talking to your CF card, either a faulty CF card or driver on the Pocket PC. What you could then do is try to install to your other CF card.

Do you have a standard CF card sleeve ? If so, try your CF card in there and see if this will work.

Failing that I think you should report this to TomTom. The only other thing I would be able to suggest is a hard reset, but from a personal experience this is one I have never had to do to resolve a software problem, and I really wouldn't suggest doing one yet.
cfcjohn
Occasional Visitor

I've done all of that already (apart from maybe a soft reset inbetween deleting everything and re-installing).

Im gonna try again now.

As far as is there a problem with my CF. Not with all other apps using data from CF.

I've even tried writing maps to CF card direct from TT (via wifi), via intermediary PC and wifi, and via pcmcia CF card, so I have loaded maps 3 different ways!
cfcjohn
Occasional Visitor

NO joy. same thing. It starts it takes a long time, the initial screen comes up - I agree, it takes a long time, then the screen telling me to tap and hold comes up. If I do this the red circle of dots slowly appears. It hangs. Occasionally the taps I have tried will eventually process and I can get out of the app but it has brought everything to a virtual standstill.

Similar problems were had by the 3970 crew who downgraded ROM to overcome it.

My guess is I'm the only 3630->Nexian->TTN2 France customer.

I will be upgrading the 3630 to something else before the summer.

In the meantime I will send an email to support@tomtom.com with nil expectations

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: