Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom Navigator 5 Palm & Pocket PC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom Navigator 5 Palm & Pocket PC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Borg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a querry with regard to TTN ver 5 - Does it allow the finding of locations by the inputing of Ordinace Survey (OS) grid refs?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. You will need to use another program to convert OS coordinates into Lat/Lon, and then yet another to convert the Lat/Lon list into POI files (or use my itinerary workaround)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Googlebot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It will include maps for all of Western Europe...

This will just be the Major Roads version I am sure. If they gave us the full maps they'd be loosing a way to charge/sell us more AND it would make the choice that has been announced for downloading city maps via ours phone for a fee pointless!
Holux CR-100

Soon to be replaced with TT720 (maybe....)
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4 in the Navigation pack included al lthe maps of Europe as far East as Finland, Germany, Austria and Italy. The problem is that the maps are useless until you uinlock them through TT's online activation system. I refused ot do this as I wanted the Benelux Maps but could not buy them seperatly. You need ot pay to activate all the maps even if you never intend to drive in Portugal for example. I expect TT5 will work the same way.
thor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Googlebot,

You might be pleasantly surprise when they announce the upgrade offer because I called TomTom regarding issue I had and asked the guy who was helping me and he confirmed that they will include the Full WE maps. Cannot confirm the 59 Euro price though. TomTom will not officially announce this but they do confirm this when asked.
maasnet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom Announces TomTom NAVIGATOR 5 European Upgrade Programme
May 31 2005

NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION IN THE UNITED STATES, AUSTRALIA, CANADA AND JAPAN

~ TomTom NAVIGATOR 5 Features Most Up To Date European Map Data Available Anywhere and Key New Features for only €59 ~

31 May 2005, UK – TomTom, a leading navigation solution provider, today announced the availability of an upgrade programme for owners of earlier editions of TomTom NAVIGATOR solutions. For only €59, TomTom offers all existing European TomTom NAVIGATOR customers* to benefit from TomTom NAVIGATOR 5’s new and improved software and detailed maps of all of Europe.

“NAVIGATOR 5 is the best navigation solution TomTom has ever had for the PDA and we want to make sure that existing NAVIGATOR customers can benefit from all the new features,” said Harold Goddijn, TomTom chief executive officer. “For only €59 all customers will have the industry’s most up-to-date street level map data for all of Europe, even if they only had one region with a previous version of NAVIGATOR. Map coverage will also include never before available maps for Poland and Czech Republic, and all maps will be connected by seamless cross border navigation to all major towns of Europe. The updated maps, enhanced features, in addition to TomTom’s legendary ease of use makes this one of the best upgrades the navigation industry has ever seen.”

Key new features included in NAVIGATOR 5 will be improved route planning, such as planning multiple waypoints and destinations, as well as the ability to plan and review a route and scenario before beginning a journey. Additionally, NAVIGATOR 5 features full postal code support for Great Britain and The Netherlands. The new software allows any user of the new NAVIGATOR 5 to try out the new TomTom PLUS services and downloads further enhancing the overall navigation experience with TomTom products.

Customers who upgrade will receive a CD map set of the following countries:

• Great Britain
• Germany, Poland** and Czech Republic**
• Austria and Switzerland
• Italy
• Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland
• Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
• France
• Spain, Portugal and Andorra

There is also a €59 upgrade for European customers who own ’Maps of USA and Canada’ to receive the latest NAVIGATOR 5 software and a complete set of ‘Maps of USA and Canada’ on CD-ROM. This includes detailed state map coverage and interstate navigation to all major cities in the USA and Canada.

PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
TomTom NAVIGATOR 5 upgrade programme will be available on 31 May 2005.
The upgrade price is €59 including VAT, excluding shipping and handling costs.
For more information on how to order, or detailed information on map updates please visit the TomTom website (www.tomtom.com).

* Eligible customers include owners of TomTom Navigator 2, TomTom Navigator 3, TomTom Navigator for palmOne, and the TomTom HP Navigation Packs for the HP iPAQ rz1710 Pocket PC and HP iPAQ hx2110.

** New regions available for the first time for TomTom NAVIGATOR 5.

About TomTom
TomTom is a leading provider of personal navigation products and services to the consumer market. TomTom’s products are developed with an emphasis on innovation, quality, ease of use and value. TomTom’s products include all-in-one navigation devices which enable customers to navigate right out of the box, as well as navigation software products which integrate with third party devices such as PDAs and smartphones. TomTom’s portfolio of products and services includes the award-winning TomTom GO family of integrated navigation devices, the TomTom Navigator software for PDAs, TomTom MOBILE navigation software for smartphones and TomTom Plus, a location-based content and services offering for TomTom’s navigation products. TomTom was founded in 1991 in Amsterdam and has offices in The Netherlands, United Kingdom, the United States and Taiwan. TomTom’s products are sold through a network of top retailers in 17 countries and online.
To learn more about TomTom, visit: www.tomtom.com.
Peter Kessler
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find this on Tomtom's site. Whereabouts is it?
Parky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can't find this on Tomtom's site. Whereabouts is it?

Likewise, I have searched the TT site and not found this. For those who like conspiracy theories, who else thinks that maasnet might be a TT insider :D
nuttyboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's available!!

[Link removed by Bo Peep]
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuttyboy, or Ian Donald, you may want to change that link as it is taking us directly into your account Exclamation

Just thought id let you know. The actual proper link is this...

http://www.tomtom.com/shop/upgrade.php?action=pda&TT=6148c3366d84713d07ab4770d8adb478

I've just ordered my upgrade so lets hope it doesn't take 5 weeks to arrive Rolling Eyes

So its on a cd and your getting the whole of europe!?!? Am i mistaken??

lydiachris
marichrd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've just ordered my upgrade so lets hope it doesn't take 5 weeks to arrive

So its on a cd and your getting the whole of europe!?!? Am i mistaken??

lydiachris

You are quite correct form what I read when I ordered mine this morning...
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets hope that the other maps apart from the UK Maps wont be locked and you'll need to purchase them knowing tomtom Rolling Eyes

Then again... it might be true :D

Does anyone actually know?? Any moderators??? Mike???

Actually can one the moderators please take down nuttyboy's post as his account is in jeprody 8O
I hope he realises what he has done.

Well here starts the 5 week wait... Evil or Very Mad

lydiachris
perky77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know when the Nav 5 package for new users come available. I am after the bluetooth version

If someone knows when does anyone know which stores (in London) will stock it

I hope you can help me out
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Editing posts... Reply with quote

Sorry for double posting, but can I just point out to the forum moderators that tnhere is no option for editing posts that you.. well... post!

Maybe this could be an upgrade for the pocketgpsworld forum Laughing
lydiachris
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Editing posts... Reply with quote

lydiachris wrote:
Sorry for double posting, but can I just point out to the forum moderators that tnhere is no option for editing posts that you.. well... post!

Maybe this could be an upgrade for the pocketgpsworld forum Laughing
lydiachris

Negative. Unless there is a really good reason for it (like complete misrepresentation of intended statement, or links that lead to private accounts (as above)) we do not allow posts to be edited.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 12 of 25

Jump to: