Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Lidl Myguide 6500XL bundle, strange price jump....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Lidl Myguide 6500XL bundle, strange price jump....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cogsinister
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Lidl Myguide 6500XL bundle, strange price jump.... Reply with quote

The bundle was on sale last week in the south west for £199

On Monday it is on sale in a different set of regions for a whopping £279 !!!
A claimed 70% price drop..

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20050530.p.My_Guide_Navigator_6500XL

I only paid £249 for mine last time it was on sale here in the south east...(minus the 30 quid i got back from lidl for the sd card)

Lets hope this is a pricing cock up.
Stumpy21
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to get one last week for £199, but my store only had 4 so no luck.
I bet the stores will have plenty of stock at this price!
jwts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Lidl Myguide 6500XL bundle, strange price jump.... Reply with quote

Cogsinister wrote:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20050530.p.My_Guide_Navigator_6500XL

I only paid £249 for mine last time it was on sale here in the south east...(minus the 30 quid i got back from lidl for the sd card)

Their advertising copy writer has obviously got into a tangle. Its £70 off (the original price) not 70% off (that would be £104.70).

The Lidl price seems to go up and down like a yo-yo. Maybe they got a really good deal last December so sold for £249 but got the advertising wrong (said it was a 512M card instead of a 256M card) which cost them £30 per sale to sort out. Then they started again at £199 with the correct 256M card earlier this month but I suspect they were either on too thin a profit margin or they can't get the buying price they originally had. £279 is still cheaper than anyone else but not the cracking bargain the £199 figure was or the £249. I think it might come back to the £249 price in time but not the the £199.

At £199 they were underselling some other suppliers of this kit by £150 which must have hurt overall sales. Who's going to pay £299-£349 for something when they see it on sale elsewhere at £199 even if it is out-of-stock? Buyers will just wait until the bargain comes back into stock.

John.
antibt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder the £199 satnav they sold were 'retrns' of previous sale? Laughing
RussellS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi antibt,

I bought one two weeks ago at £199 and it was not a return. The box was still sealed with no evidence of having been opened before. Everything inside was still in the propper packaging still sealed.
itxweather
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Lidl Myguide 6500XL bundle, strange price jump.... Reply with quote

jwts wrote:
Cogsinister wrote:

Their advertising copy writer has obviously got into a tangle. Its £70 off (the original price) not 70% off (that would be £104.70).

The Lidl price seems to go up and down like a yo-yo. Maybe they got a really good deal last December so sold for £249 but got the advertising wrong (said it was a 512M card instead of a 256M card) which cost them £30 per sale to sort out. Then they started again at £199 with the correct 256M card earlier this month but I suspect they were either on too thin a profit margin or they can't get the buying price they originally had. £279 is still cheaper than anyone else but not the cracking bargain the £199 figure was or the £249. I think it might come back to the £249 price in time but not the the £199.

At £199 they were underselling some other suppliers of this kit by £150 which must have hurt overall sales. Who's going to pay £299-£349 for something when they see it on sale elsewhere at £199 even if it is out-of-stock? Buyers will just wait until the bargain comes back into stock.

John.

Hi John,

The Lidl price jump has got me confused. I'd spotted the Navigator 6500XL that was advertised for £199.00 but unfortunately my local store did not fall into the region that had these in stock. A week or so later and they're asking £279.00 for the Navigator 6500XL and claiming that it's £70.00 cheaper than what it was sold for last year. Any idea's whether or not there's additional accessories that are sold with the £279.00 version or are Lidl literally charging an additional £80.00 for an identical item they were selling a week or so ago to different regions?.

Cannot understand where they're getting the £70.00 saving from, particularly as they've seemingly sold the same kit for £199.00 :-(.

Can anyone work this one out?.

Thank you.
Best Regards.

http://www.itx-weather.co.uk
RussellS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've checked the list of what you get for £279 and it is exactly the same as the one I got for £199. Also, it was on sale a few months earlier for £249 in another region. I don't understand the price fluctuations either but all three seem to be the same pieces of kit with exactly the same accesories.

Russell
itxweather
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RussellS wrote:
I've checked the list of what you get for £279 and it is exactly the same as the one I got for £199. Also, it was on sale a few months earlier for £249 in another region. I don't understand the price fluctuations either but all three seem to be the same pieces of kit with exactly the same accesories.

Russell

Hi Russell,

Thank you for your reply and for confirming that the 6500XL bundles appear to be exactly the same even though Lidl have advertised them for £199.00, £249.00 and £279.00 respectively. A little unfair all of these different prices imho. You obviously bought this kit at an absolute bargain price, surely they were losing money selling them for £199.00. Am not convinced that this is such a good buy anymore, cannot really justify paying an extra £80.00 for nothing extra having been bundled in.

Best Regards.

http://www.itx-weather.co.uk

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: