Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - has anyone tried to contact ebuyer from the web page?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

has anyone tried to contact ebuyer from the web page?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gune
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: has anyone tried to contact ebuyer from the web page? Reply with quote

Twisted Evil well i did .. just to ask simple query re: hp 1710 package they sell. wasted nearly an hour going round and round. even to ask question one has to register. must be thinking they own the web or some blue blooded nut house!
they have lot of dumb contact us/ebuyer icons some leading to same place. and then they ask one to read their faq's. must be thinking they have designed encyclopedia on web or some thing.
finally decided to shop elsewhere and told their web master the same too! becasue that is the only lead that comes to contact them! :x
noon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: bloody right Reply with quote

i did the stupid mistake of buying from them the stuff was dead on arrival
god it took about 100 messages dealing with my credit card company and 90 days to get my money back. Avoid them like plague
scrumble
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only speak from my experience, but I've never really had any trouble from them, and just everything computer related I buy from Ebuyer.

Its usually takes about 5 days for delivery which, all though not fantastic, is pretty good.

I've never had trouble returning faulty items,which has so far been on three occassions. Each time its been done hastle free, and not even any problems getting them to pay for the return postage.

Main thing to do is get an RMA number by filling in the returns form on the site, and writing in big letters on the outside of the parcel. Put the postage reciept, and a description of why your returning it, inside the parcel. Unless your returning it because you changed your mind there shouldn't be any problems with them paying for postage.

As far as getting info is concerned I admit ebuyer aren't the best, but they do have a brilliant review system which, unlike some other sites, does actually get used. Click on the 'read review' text on the item page, and if you want to know something post a review. You don't have to give the item a rating, but usually someone will reply, and hearing it from a customer is usually better than staff (from any company) as they have better idea about what you'll be after, after all they bought it for the same reasons as you want to Smile
michaelh85
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agre with that. Bought plenty of stuff from eBuyer and not a minutes bother.
mpewsey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 months ago I would have agreed with the more recent posters.

However, the last 3 orders I've had from them have all had problems - faulty goods, wrong things sent, some things not sent, part of the order arriving 2 weeks late (even though the web site showed it as still in stock).

The biggest problem is that the only way to contact Ebuyer is through their 'E-Note' system - they used to list a phone number but don't any more (and the number listed no longer works).

It can take up to 5 working days to get a reply to an enote - this normally doesn't answer your query fully so you send them a follow up and wait another 5 days for a response etc.

I'm afraid that my (not unsubstatial) custom has now moved elsewhere to a supplier that I can contact by telephone.
gune
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebuyer phone: 0845 114 5000

true they even when they promise to send something they do not.
Burn In Hell
Bernwin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found them the cheapest and their communication regarding delivery was spot on. Would certainly use again.
gadgetmug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flash memory and other small items, ebuyer nearly every time. Free delivery too. Other larger items can usually be sourced elsewhere. The problem is a return can take a long time to sort, so expensive goods are a no for me from them.
BernieK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: For the Defence Mi'Lord... Reply with quote

I've used ebuyer for ages - they are my first port of call for any electrical or electronics. I've bought loads of kit from them and never experienced any of the difficulties mentioned above.

I have also had to return several things to them and they have been replaced without a murmer.

Did well out of one of these returns a 120 GB external HDD failed after 7 months, no longer stocked so they refunded the cost - it was sufficient to buy a 250 GB replacement from them.

The eNote system did had problems for a time, other than that I have had great response from their staff. It is one of the things that keep their costs and hence their prices down.

...and no! I don't work for them, I am simply a long standing and well satisfied customer.

Oh! there was one niggly point - you do have to ask them to cough up the postage paid to return faulty goods. They've always have paid up but only after I've had to poke them (via eNote).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: