Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Email to TomTom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Email to TomTom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnBoy59
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Email to TomTom Reply with quote

Dear TomTom,

Having received my GB Map upgrade, I have the following comments to make:

1. The new map appears contain the very same errors and omissions that have been reported many times by users for several months. I accept that a map will never been 100% accurate but I cannot accept that known and reported errors still exist.

2. I notice that the full postcode search does not appear to be an integral part of the new BG Map upgrade and could have been made available within the recent version 5 firmware upgrade and used with the existing GB maps. The cynical amongst us would say that this was a ploy to get existing customers to part with £61 to obtain something that could have been supplied free.

3. For those of us that bought our "Classic" devices within the last few weeks this £61 charge is very difficult to accept given points 1 and 2 above.

4. The charge for the safety camera "add on" seems extremely high given that a very accurate and regularly updated version is available for free download. Why have TomTom decided to make a charge for this addition?

I look forward to your response.

Feel free to cut and paste to TomTom
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellently worded ... but alas, I can predict the vague and non-relevant answers you will receive. It will be interesting to see their response.
Evilution
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its strange that they are keen to run a highly accurate speed camera database which is an add on to there inaccurate maps.
marctwo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to write to them with something similar to say but I could not find an e-mail adress for customer services so I submitted the map errors again and made my complaint there.

If you have an e-mail address for TomTom could you please post it?
JohnBoy59
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted it via their support system as I also could find no published email address. No respnse as yet

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: