Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Demonstration mode not working
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Demonstration mode not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfcjohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Demonstration mode not working Reply with quote

Got my TTN2, but I have French maps. As I'm in UK at the moment I though I could at least see a route demonstrated.

If I plan a route and go tools->demonstrate... I just get pop-up Unable to start demonstration (2)

Does it work for everyone else or am I doing something wrong?!

(ipaq 3630 ppc2002)
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Demonstration mode not working Reply with quote

Hmmm, I'm not sure you would be able to as it will pick up your start position from the last known position on the map, which would be in France ?

I think you might be able to do an A to B and have both locations somehwere in France, and then demonstrate that route.
cfcjohn
Occasional Visitor

thats what I am doing - planning a route a->b - I can make it as small as possible - it makes no difference, then with the route visible in map mode I ask it to demonstrate, it goes to the 'photo' screen and the error pops up
armarni
Occasional Visitor

As you are not in france at the moment your gps receiver cant place you on that map. Go to the GPS status screen and select simulator from the drop down menu, and paris as the location for the simulation. Now the software should allow you to demonstarte a route.
cfcjohn
Occasional Visitor

No that makes no difference, why would the gps be required to demo a potential route anyway?

I'll have to hunt out the manual at this rate!
agibbs
Occasional Visitor

On my system the GPS has to be physically connected (or rather inserted as it is a CF card) otherwise I see this error message. It does not need to have a valid position, or even a signal, and once the demo starts the GPS is turned off. As you say, 'why would the GPS be required to run the demo?' - I don't know either!
aero
Regular Visitor

Hi cfcjohn, I had this problem & this post by Dave a few weeks back solved the problem, worth a try.

It shouldn't require a fix, I've been using demo modes without any GPS connected, what you will get though is as soon as it starts the demo it will pop up a box with a message like, no GPS signal, plot route from last known destination ? Say yes to this. If you say no, and tick the box to automatically select no, then you will have a problem. There is a button to reset this in the Navigator Properties screen called reset warnings.

Reset all warnings and try again. Here's the original thread

aero
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Yep, aero (or me) was spot on . You probably will need to reset the warnings to get this dialog to appear, but that hopefully would then recitfy the problem. I can understand if you're trying to plot just from currently location to destination, but A to Z should definately work providing you're on the same map.
cfcjohn
Occasional Visitor

thanks - you are all correct.

I connected GPS and now it works!

I'm a liitle concerned by the speed of route calc and app start up with big route planned (and possibly display update although it's hard to tell on demo).

I still have my 3630, maybe it is a little slow for this now?
cfcjohn
Occasional Visitor

UPDATE

I ran the demo mode for a minute - nearly woke the house up - volume was LOUD.

Now though TT takes about 5 minutes to start-up, and when it does the map isn't visible, it may be responding to taps, but there is a minute delay so I cannot be sure.

Maybe this is due to 3630 being underpowered.

I'm gonna have to re-install this evening.

First impressions? With most recent patches on TTN 1 I was starting to see bugs for the first time.

With this major release, looks like there are more, or it doesn't really support the 3630.

As I look at it now it appears to be about 5 minutes behind on screen taps, and is pulling up empty menus very slowly.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: