Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon Mobile Navigator 5 available for sale
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon Mobile Navigator 5 available for sale
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peterweg said

129+299=428 for the software only european maps. The previous version MN4 is being sold for 228euro for the European edition.

According to the map on their web site, Europe B covers a range of Western European countries, INCLUDING the British Isles, for 249 euros

Have I missed something?

Robin
chrisdhall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navigon seem to have missed the point that the Mapexport application was useful for planning and checking routes on a PC. I find planning a route on a PDA extremely tedious.
chrisdhall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just read the product specs for MN5. From what I can tell you get pretty much the same interface, just with an "updated" look, a speed warning, (which will be out of date by the time you've installed the software) and standard and extended modes (wow!). I can see very little to tempt me away from MN4. What was the point of releasing software that is the same as the previous version...?

Presumably a newer set of maps are included (it doesn't actually say) So really its 129€ for new maps and no Mapexport. Seems to me Navigon are out to boost profits.
peterweg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin2 wrote:
Peterweg said

129+299=428 for the software only european maps. The previous version MN4 is being sold for 228euro for the European edition.

According to the map on their web site, Europe B covers a range of Western European countries, INCLUDING the British Isles, for 249 euros

Have I missed something?

Robin

Europe (complete) is 299. They way they have chopped up the maps make the choice difficult, which is why I'd go for everything.
However. the cost is 199euro's WITHOUT a SD card, which is much better. MN5 does seem to be a new and more expensive way to charge for updated maps.

2. CARTES ADDITIONNELLES

1 pays ou groupe de pays Sur carte SD 129€
Demande Code activation 99€

EUROPE A, B or C Sur carte SD 249€
Demande Code activation 169€

EUROPE complète Sur carte SD 299€
Demande Code activation 199€

3. MISE A JOUR

DE: tout produit navigation routière mobile
VERS: MN|5 avec carte France
SUPPORT: Double DVD
PRIX: 79€
OFFRE PROMOTIONNELLE: 49€ (jusqu’au 15 Mai 2005)

DE: tout produit navigation routière mobile
VERS: MN|5 avec carte France
SUPPORT: Double DVD + carte préchargée logiciel et carte France
PRIX: 129€
OFFRE PROMOTIONNELLE: 99€ (jusqu’au 15 Mai 2005)

DE: MNx avec carte Europe
VERS: MN|5 avec carte Europe
SUPPORT: Double DVD
PRIX: 149€
OFFRE PROMOTIONNELLE: 129€ (jusqu’au 15 Mai 2005)

DE: MNx avec carte Europe
VERS: MN|5 avec carte Europe
SUPPORT: Double DVD + carte préchargée logiciel et carte France
PRIX: 249€
OFFRE PROMOTIONNELLE: 199€ (jusqu’au 15 Mai 2005)

more here -
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24995
peterweg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alturian 6.1 maybe worth looking at. They have a map subscription service (seems expensive). Finding a english review is difficult but a italian and dutch reviews said its good but 6.0 was a bit slow (6.1 is faster apparently) They also have SDK (free?) that could be fun. Profession version has european maps for 259euro and 3months upgrades
lexuscol
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Navigon MN5 Reply with quote

this is how I read it. If you trade in anyother software but MN|4 Europe
You will get mn5 software with the map country of your trade in IE if you trade in tomtom 3 with gb maps you will get MN5 with GB maps price 129 euros. if you trade in MN4 europe you will get MN5 Europe complete with unlock codes for mapping 129 euros.
If you trade in any navigon software other than the latest MN4 you will get mn5 with single country map you have to buy the license keys for other countries onnatop.
The CD comes with the europe maps on but you can't use them unless you buy license keys just like shitty co pilot.
You can trade in MN4 and just get the mn5 with GB map for 49 euros if you don't want to pay a lot, but remember you have paid once for MN4
module,tmc, and bluetooth are all extras
It makes it a dear do. might as well but street pilot from Garmin seamless and quick
ssarl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all of you,

I wonder if someone knows how good is the coverage of Greece in the new Navigon 5. I'm interesting to buy it, but I really need to know the quality of the maps before proceed to my purchase. Any tip will be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I currently use the Destinator3 (and Destinator PN as a beta tester) software with very good maps from NGI.
Petekk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've just read the product specs for MN5. From what I can tell you get pretty much the same interface, just with an "updated" look, a speed warning, (which will be out of date by the time you've installed the software) and standard and extended modes (wow!). I can see very little to tempt me away from MN4. What was the point of releasing software that is the same as the previous version...?

Presumably a newer set of maps are included (it doesn't actually say) So really its 129€ for new maps and no Mapexport. Seems to me Navigon are out to boost profits.

and you dont get TMC in the UK (not mentioned on the website - but apparantly navigon's could get agreement with ITIS)
Spudson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petekk

Are you a current Navigon user? The threads from other users in this section appear to suggest that TMC is alive and well within the UK on Navigon.

I believe Alturion have yet to secure a deal with ITiS but would like to u/s if you're speaking from a position of "authority"?

Thx

S
Petekk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you a current Navigon user? The threads from other users in this section appear to suggest that TMC is alive and well within the UK on Navigon.

I believe Alturion have yet to secure a deal with ITiS but would like to u/s if you're speaking from a position of "authority"?

I have been researching into various satnav with tmc for a while.

You are right in thinking that Navigon used to support TMC in the UK in their MN4 product. However the new MN5 (which is only just being released) no longer supports TMC in the UK.

Have a look at (http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28809) where the admin had a contact at Navigon which confirms the results of a user posted on this forum that TMC no longer worked in the UK.

I have contacted Navigon support, but have yet to received a response.

Alturion have been planning to add TMC for a while, but to date this has never happened. The issue appears to be that iTIS no want a annual fee to use TMC data rather than a "one off" fee which has caused the problem with negotiations breaking down.

I understand that eventually iTIS will introduce a purchase facility on their website where you can pay your TMC fee again this has been discussed but not yet implemented, rather than iTIS charging the provider (navigon)

In addition Traffic Master is about to launch RDS TMC (as used by Honda) (http://www.trafficmaster.co.uk/page.cfm?key=RDS_TMC) - this will provide another option for SatNav companies to use. In addtion to the roadside sensor network, TM is adding Dynamic vehicle probes (i.e as used by iTIS this year) so the TM data should theorectically benefit from the "best of both worlds"

I am however cautious of the costs of this TMC data if not included in the package. For instance TM curently charge around £110 per year for the TM data on their own system. There is no reason to think that the PDA/Nav version should be any less.

In comparison TomTom charge 60 Euro (just over £40) plus your data costs, so in quite competative in comparison.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: