Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Questions About TTN3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions About TTN3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fordie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Questions About TTN3 Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to all this sat nav business, i've recently bought a medion ppc250 package at the knockdown price of £185 from my local halfords. It's great it came with Medion Navigator 3. something. I've also installed Tomtom Navigator3.03 which i find a much better program. The only couple of things i've found is one, the maps seem out of date on tom tom, is there any newer ones available and how much would they cost me? also in tom tom when you type in a city (for example Colchester) it then prompts for the road name, when you type High Street (for example) it gives a list of all the high streets within god knows how many miles of colchester. Is there a way to get it to suggest the roads situated actually within colchester, or whatever town i'm going to. as I don't always know the postcode of where i'm trying to get to.
Any help would be greatly recieved!
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fordie,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

You may want to try the TomTom website, to download the latest version of TomTom Navigator, which is 3.07. This should help you with the road name look up.

The map data that you’re using is the latest available from TomTom for your set-up. However TomTom Navigator 5 is due out shortly and will have newer maps.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
fordie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I have tried the 3.07 update and it seems to not have made any difference, If i have two towns with a similer postcode and similer road names it seems a real pain unless i know the postcode! I can't wait for an update, it seems daft to have maps without roads on them that opened over 2 or 3 years ago!
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The address lookup fix came in at version 3.03 - you will find that like Navigator 3.00 or 3.01 you get all the High Streets in the area (typically a county), but from 3.03 onwards they're sorted by distance from the town/city you entered.

The chances are that the correct High Street is the first one returned, and if not, will be the second or third. It looks a bit messy but works fine.

David
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now what would be good is in the list of destinations if you click on one it shows where it is on a zoomable map, then you can make your own assesment as to if it has made the correct choice. I know personally I usually have a good idea where my destination is on a map.

TomTom3 will show you a map, but zoomed right out for the whole route, and only after you have planned the entire route.

Does TomTom5 have anything like that?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: