Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Comments on v3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Comments on v3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elan2s
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Comments on v3 Reply with quote

overall I would rate the new interface an improvement although it is not fully intuitive and having postcode searching is great. However there are couple of really annoying things I have found.

Firstly it is seemingly impossible to put the system in to Navigation Mode without a destination. This means it is no longer possible to use the unit for just Speed Camera detection as you have to specify a destination and therefore get directions as well. Muting the sound also mutes the alerts for POIs.

Second there appears to be no way of deleting (suppressing in v2.5 terminology) or changing the map location of a saved favourite other than deleting the entire file in which case you have to start all over again

If anyone knows ofways to resolve these please let me know. I will be sending an e-ail to viaMichelin as well to ask them
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not having used it much - I thought I'd been missing something obvious where the favourites are concerned - I couldn't find a way to delete individual items either - looks like an easy to fix oversight but surely they do some beta testing???

Ian
VomitySpice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just trying it out and it's a pig to use! Whilst I appreiciate that others may love the new version, I just find it very complex to do just the simple tasks.

For example, I'm trying to enter some POI's to my usual places, however, unlike 1.3.2 where you just held the cursor on the map and 'add poi' appeared, the version 3 seems to make it very difficult to do such a simple thing!

I'm sure I'll get better with it!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: