Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Delayed TTN2 Upgrades (Was TOMTOM SUCK)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Delayed TTN2 Upgrades (Was TOMTOM SUCK)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Delayed TTN2 Upgrades (Was TOMTOM SUCK) Reply with quote

I believe the WE maps do replace the country set maps. You can install sections of the maps, so you don't need to choose the full set, the only thing you don't get is TTN2, so you do need to upgrade a TTN1 to TTN2 CD before purchasing the WE maps.

From what I understand, the reason why they're not available on the website is they've run out of copies.

Unfortunatley TomTom are very good at not responding to emails, I have several open myself with TomTom and have heard nothing back.
m4rkw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Delayed TTN2 Upgrades (Was TOMTOM SUCK) Reply with quote

Dave,

Thanks for the info. So, is the WE price (~190), a discounted price, or am I supposedly being asked to pay and additional 210EUR(WE + 1 country upgrade) on top of 750 I've already spent, to upgrade from v1.0 to 2.0x?

In v2.0x, does anyone know if you can specify which cross/border maps to install and whether it allows you to plot routes between the two? (esp. FR + CH?)   In the new country map release GY + CH + AU is one map, but FR and CH would be more useful to me. As I sent back GY and CH/AU for upgrade, I received 2 x upgrade vouchers for the GY consolidated map - v.useful!

Cheers,

/Mark.

Dave
Frequent Visitor

Mark, in your case, I would think it would probably be a lot cheaper upgrading one country set, and then paying the 189 euro's for all European maps. You have paid alot, and I'm sure if you were to contact TomTom by phone they might be prepared to do something for you.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I believe everyone in this thread has now received their upgrade CD's. If anyone is experiencing extended delays in receiving their upgrade CD's, please post a message in this thread and I'll chase this up on your behalf with TomTom
TheGoodMan
Regular Visitor

I do agree with jayshry on this one. The given product is only as good as the next one in line. The more competition will definitely cause a problem for TomTom because of lack of customer service. It looks as TomTom do not have any customer service. I am sure TomTom will have a good reason for the problems it has been having. However, most of the customers are not interested in reasons – just wants the solution i.e. working product. When a company releases the product which has got so many bugs and faults customers will remember this and when something else turns up they will move on without any royalty to TomTom. Why should any one stick to a company which does not treat its customers professionaly? TomTom tried to make quick money before other companies start releasing updates for their Sat. Nav software, such as Navman and CoPilot. Maybe TomTom already knows other products are better than theirs.

After using the TomTom2 for a while I personally don’t think it’s any better than CoPilot or Navman. TomTom 2 may have a better looking maps etc but as I have been keep saying “The aim of any sat nave system should be to take you from A to B quickly and allow you to find the place/address properly” TomTom 2 is lacking this particular feature. However it does have one of the best POI and traffic camera information.

Jayshry, the software in question is not CoPilot 4, is it?

The Goodman

TheGoodMan
Regular Visitor

Jayshry,

Have you tried e-mailing them again?

From what I gather due to high level of interest for TomTom Navigator 2 it’s going to take some time for you to get the voucher. Once you have updated the product to V2.01A it’s not bad. However the search system is still no good when compared to other products.

I am sure TomTom will contact you with a discount voucher in near future and good luck.

simmybear
Occasional Visitor

As I've said elsewhere on this forum I was debited for my delivery on the 3rd April and still not received it - lets see what tomorrow brings!

At least you haven't paid yet Jashry!

Dave
Frequent Visitor

Part of this problem is due to TomTom running out of box sets having shipped lots to retailers across Europe. TomTom were expecting new stock in on 18th, so hopefully orders should start shipping again this week. I would contact TomTom again for a voucher, several people have done this and eventually received two. They may have stopped issuing the vouchers temporarily due to out of stock.
Lektro
Occasional Visitor

I requested an update early April. Printed the confirmation page with barcode (needed to mail back the original TomTom1 set).

I mailed my old CD's back and received an email with upgrade code within 2 weeks.

The new TomTom2 set was delivered within 4 days after ordering using the upgrade code.

Pretty good service.

Lektro
richarta
Occasional Visitor

I sent mine on 20 March & still have not heard anything back, despite emailing a number of times.
jayshry
Occasional Visitor

Dave,

I think you have obviously been favoured given that you orginally wrote a post saying that you had not received anything from them either.

To be honest they are absolutely useless, I sent them an email and they sent one back saying we have not received it yet which is absoulte RUBBISH. I contacted royal mail and they said it takes TWO weeks to track an overseas package.

TomTom needs some competition (which is coming soon) because at the moment they are taking the .

I hope someone from TomTom is reading this and all other posts, remember a product is only good if it has not competition, as soon as it faces competition (coming soon) then the game is up and PEOPLE WILL SWITCH and remember the service received from TomTom.

Dave, I can provide you with me tracking number if you like, perhaps they may listen to you given that you have significant influence over these individuals who are clearly taking the biscuit with both lack of information as well as misinformation.

Regards
Eagle
Occasional Visitor

Jayshry,

I am getting seriously annoyed with Tom Tom. Their business practices are appalling, and I agree with you, as soon as another product comes on the market that allows the flexibility of Tom Tom users will switch. I'm not going to forget (or forgive) their appalling customer relations.

See my post under Tom Tom Nav 2.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I hope I haven't been favoured in any way, as I already had a preview copy of TTN2 that TomTom sent me, so there was no real need to for TomTom to favour me in anyway, and I doubt that they did. There do seem to be problems where some orders appear to be slipping throught the cracks. I don't know if it's because they're not finding the CD's arrive (which has been a problem before), or whether some orders are getting mislaid. Obviously in your case, they say the CD's haven't arrived, or may have been mislaid.

Did you send the CD Internationally signed for ? I'm surprised Royal Mail take this long to track a package. I have been told by TomTom before that my CD hasn't arrived when I didn't send it internationally signed for or insured.

Send me your tracking number and name/address/email details and I'll see what I can do. Can't promise anything.
jayshry
Occasional Visitor

I SENT MY TOMTOM FOR UPGRADE AS SOON AS THE FORM WAS UP, I HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING BACK AND ALL THEY DO IS SEND A STANDARD E-MAIL.

THEY NEED TO SORT THEMSELVES OUT

I AM NOT A HAPPY CHAPPY
jayshry
Occasional Visitor

Dave,

I will send you the details requested via e-mail/private messaging, and I would appreciate your help.

I sent the package by International Special Delivery, I rang royal mail and they said it arrived in Holland then next day, but after that they have to get in touch with the local dutch postal authority to get a proof and name of signatory.

I am frustrated at the fact they are saying they didn't receive the CD when I know they have done - this does not give me any confidence whatsoever and if they have lost it then I will have to wait an additional two weeks to prove thatto TomTom and god knows what additional administration will be involved in getting a replacement !!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: