Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Keep losing it all
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Keep losing it all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RABC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Keep losing it all Reply with quote

I have my IPaq 4150 and Tomtom 3. Everytime I leave my Ipaq switched off for a week or so - I come back to it and everything has gone. Surely the SD card should retain all the maps and settings

Grateful for you comments and advice
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SD card retains the maps, but not the settings.

You should do a backup of your system onto SD card when everything is setup properly. That way if you have another power outage you can restore from that backup and be going again quickly.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
RABC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - which settings should I backup please ??
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RABC,

Use Sprite Backup Premium Edition to back up your iPAQ. You can buy the upgrade for just $US10.00 as you have a cut down version of Sprite Backup on your iPAQ.

If you use Sprite Back up then you don’t need to worry about which settings to backup, as a restore does a full restore. Every PPC owner should use it.

Alternatively, you could just put your iPAQ on charge each day. Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
RABC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks - Sprite sounds good !!
Roco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: ppc 2003 restore Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
Hi RABC,

Use Sprite Backup Premium Edition to back up your iPAQ. You can buy the upgrade for just $US10.00 as you have a cut down version of Sprite Backup on your iPAQ.

If you use Sprite Back up then you don’t need to worry about which settings to backup, as a restore does a full restore. Every PPC owner should use it.

Alternatively, you could just put your iPAQ on charge each day. Thumbs Up

Regards,

Hi Priv
I have an ipaq 2210 using ppc 2003, versio 4.20.0 (build 14053). I only have the standard ipac Backup (version 1.1.0.6) feature which came with my ipac 2210. I created a backup file to the sd card. I thought I was safe, but after a power failure, I went to the restore tab, located the file which i had called Backup2.pbf. I selected this but i find that the restore button is greyed out (??) so i cant even attempt to perform a restore.
1)Am i doing something wrong? maybe a step by step guide would help.
2)Is it a case that i have to get different version of sprite software first as per your quote above. If this it so then unfortunatly your link no longer works. it seems that sprite have renamed the product (but retained the functionality). Quote from sprite recent news...."2 May, 2005
Sprite Backup Premium Edition for Pocket PC renamed to Sprite Backup Personal Edition - no change in functionality. Sprite Backup Standard Edition for Pocket PC discontinued. "
3) Do u think i should be able to access something from sprite that will do the job which still costs aroung $10,usd (as i already have version 1.1.0.6 or do i have to buy the $29 product in order to protect my pda in the future?
Best regards Roco

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: