Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Cameras in TT3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Cameras in TT3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stulew99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Speed Cameras in TT3 Reply with quote

Gentlemen first of all can I say thanks to all the contributers who helped me through my initial install problems. I am pleased to report I have sorted out all of my PDA related glitches.
I am now looking to install a speed camera program to run with my TT3 and have looked at the Download section on this site and I am not sure what I have to download, and if there are a few different ones which would be best suited for my version of TomTom.
Can somebody please advise me on what I have to do please, and also is there any other download that I might be advised to add to my pocket pc navigator.
Once again Many Thanks for your continued help.
Parky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning stulew99, your an early bird this morning. I have included below the link to the file you need for the speed cameras http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=60. You need to unzip this file, then copy the two files which are not excel spread sheets (POI Binary, and Bitmap image) into your folder where you saved your map (usually your storage card).

Once these are copied, open TT and in the properties screen under POI you will find pocketgps UK sc listed, just tick in the box and you wil be able to see the cameras in Navigator.

If you want a program that warns of these cameras, a good free one is Checkpoint http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=5 I have pointed the link to version 2.0.2 as this still seems better than latter versions. Once you install this program and set up the parameters needed, you will be up and running (Hopefully)
stulew99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Parky.... I will try it out this evening and report back..
stulew99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked a treat Parky... Many Thanks....
Just one further question.. On the General Options Tab there is two boxes that ask 1.. If you would like checkpoint to open TT, and 2.. If you would like TT to close checkpoint when it shuts down I have noticed that when these boxes are unchecked the checkpoint symbol remains in the task bar flashing away.
Here is my question..!!!
Is it therefore possible to have the speed camera function working to warn of Cameras when TT is not working. (This would be a great thing for me because I don't use Sat Nav all the time) Or am I asking the impossible.
Cheers Once Again....
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think you can do that as i think the pois need the tomtom map to locate the speed cameras because checkpoint is a plugin to tomtom and wont run as a poi warner on itsown

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, CheckPOInt is a TomTom Plug-In and requires TomTom to be running. Although you may not need navigation every journey, just launch TomTom and let it run without a planned route, that way you get the warnings.

I configure a hardware button to launch CheckPOInt and program CheckPOInt to launch TomTom when it starts and exit when it stops. Then with a single press of the button you have both apps launch automatically Thumbs Up
stulew99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Thanks Gents..

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: