Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT3 Datalog Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT3 Datalog Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ELGORDO78
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: TT3 Datalog Problems Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm running TomTom 3 on an Ipaq 2210h, plenty of SD memory, along with a flash gps card on the sirf chipset.

The datalog is bugging me at the moment.

4 weeks ago I successfully copied the log I'd created on a short test-run, to my PC and using Oldie's software changed it to a text file. My only annoyance at all was I'd forgotten to raise the safety speed from 124 so a true top speed wasn't visible Sad ;) (only joking occifer ;) :D )

This weekend I took the unit to Rockingham for a trackday to do a bit of top-speed logging and to see how it generally performed recording lots of direction changes in a short time - as well as providing the topographic data to a friend who creates tracks for PC racing games and hadn't any elevation data for the circuit.

Now with no hardware or software changes at either end of the deal, when I convert there is no speed or course data in the resulting file. However, the GPS Info playback on the handheld show all of this information, so the data is there... The signal ranged from 1 or 2 when inside the steel and concrete garages (and so was greyed out) to between 4 and 9 on-circuit.

Are there any alternatives out there, or can someone try the file for themselves (only 1.4mb) and see if the results differ?

Any help or advice would be apreciated.

Cheers.
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you email the file to me then I will have a look at it for you. Also could you tell me the name and version number of the program that you are using.

Richard
ELGORDO78
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mail on its way Smile
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sending the log file. LogConverter v1.02 reads the Course and Speed data from the NMEA $GPVTG records and those records are not present in the log file that you sent to me. However, the Course and Speed data are also stored in the $GPRMC records and these are present in your file. So I have modified LogConverter to read both record types. The new version, 1.03, is available for download from my website http://rjdavies.users.btopenworld.com in the Programs area.

Something must have changed in your GPS setup as you were able to extract speed data from a previous log file using v1.02.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: