Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Extending 2610 power cord?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Extending 2610 power cord?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockatansky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Extending 2610 power cord? Reply with quote

Ok, granted I haven't received my 2610 unit yet (arrives on Friday) but I already know I want to mount the unit overhead in my Jeep, and I want to "permanently" wire it. I'm quite uninterested in having the power cord dangling in the way. My concern though is with the length of the factory cord, and the fact that the audio is integrated.

Has anyone done a more or less permanent wiring to the fuse box in their rig, and if so , how do you accomodate the audio?

I just joined the site in prep for the new arrival. Great site - thanks for the help!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it is possible, I saw a post a while back where the guy had made his own hot dock cradle:

I'm not sure if the 2610 has an external speaker socket? The problem is the speaker contained in the power plug, if you seperate power to take a feed direct from the battery then you'll need to power the speaker as well. Also you need to assess whether there is any voltage reduction in the ply assembly or if it's 12v at the socket on the rear of the 2610. I'm sure you could take the guts out of the speaker casing and relocate them somewhere nearer the top of the dashboard. Could be an interesting project!

As Garmin offer a dealer installed version with the speed sense etc I wonder how this is wired in? Perhaps there is already a wiring harness available as a spare part?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: