Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Handnav – excellent service for Brodit stuff
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Handnav – excellent service for Brodit stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Handnav – excellent service for Brodit stuff Reply with quote

Last week, I decided that I should replace my generic TomTom windscreen suction mount for the iPAQ 3970, with something a bit more robust and better. I knew several people have Brodit mounts and are very happy with them so I thought I’d try the same. The only UK distributor for Brodit is Handnav, so it was them that I turned to for information.

20/07/2004 (Tuesday)
12:45 Rang Handnav and Chetan answered the phone. I asked him a lot of questions about Brodit and such like. He was very helpful and patient with all of my questions. I decided to place the order (HAN202401) for the following

2x 652096 Brodit ProClip (Land Rover Discovery 94-04
2x 213005 Brodit Move Clip
1x 848508 Brodit Passive Holder with Tilt/Swivel (iPAQ 38/39/5xx)
1x 848568 Brodit Passive Holder with Tilt/Swivel (iPAQ 22xx)

21/07/2004 (Wednesday)
14:24 Received email notification of dispatch

23/07/2004 (Friday)
10:00 Package arrived at my office desk (normal delivery, no extra was paid for fast delivery). No discrepancies. Everything that I ordered had arrived.

I fitted the one ProClip and the holder for the iPAQ 3970 on Saturday and I’m very impressed with it. I won’t fit the other one until I get an iPAQ 2210.

Tips
Arrow Handnav prefer people to place orders online as opposed to a telephone. This is because their online system allows you to more easily identify items e.g. Brodit parts.

Arrow If you get a Brodit mount system then pay the extra for the Move Clip, it really is useful, especially for security when you remove the holder.

Arrow If you wish to mount two PDAs in the same vehicle, although probably not many will want to do this, then study the Brodit website very carefully. I ordered two 652096 (Discovery ProClip) however they are both for the right hand side of the central part of the dashboard. Although I did ask Chetan, he didn’t know the layout of the Discovery and I didn’t know the way the ProClip attached to the dashboard. It was not the fault of either of us. I will probably keep the second one as a spare. NB the ProClip I should have ordered is 852096

I have no connections with Handnav, apart from being a very happy customer. I mentioned to Chetan that I’d heard of his name via this forum, however I didn’t mention my user name of Privateer, so there was no special treatment due to me being a moderator of this forum. I will definitely use them again. Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Handnav – excellent service for Brodit stuff Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
If you get a Brodit mount system then pay the extra for the Move Clip, it really is useful, especially for security when you remove the holder.
I'm about to buy a similar setup (although with only 1 PDA) so I'm interested to know whether you feel the Move Clip results in any less rigidity in the PDA mount, or whether it allows more vibration - ie does it feel as secure as a PDA mount without the Move Clip??

Steve
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Swing,

The Brodit ProClip, PDA holder, and Move Clip all seem to be very secure and vibration free whilst driving during both the day and night, although to be fair I’ve only installed it a couple of days ago. What I did do was to thoroughly clean all surfaces with the supplied alcohol pads and when they were fully dried, I stuck the pieces in place and left over night before using, in case the sticky pads needed to cure.

I don’t know whether an identical set-up without the Move Clip would be any better, as I’ve not been in any other moving car with a Brodit system. What I do know is that the mount is far more secure and totally vibration free when compared to the windscreen suction mount on a gooseneck.

Should you change your PDA or want a phone holder, then you just need to get the correct holder and another Move Clip and you can then change over devices in a few seconds. Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: