Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map updates for TomTom One V3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map updates for TomTom One V3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Map updates for TomTom One V3 Reply with quote

I currently use a TomTom ONE v3 which I purchased back in 2009. I also have a ONE XL but I still prefer the original ONE V3. My main use is for the PGPSW Camera database but I do use it for routes on the odd occasion.
My problem is with map updates. I tried to purchase an update a while ago and was told the memory on the ONE was not big enough as it's only 1 Mb.

Does anyone know if this is true and does that mean I can no longer get any map updates for this unit. Thanks

TomTom XL + Audi A3 (with navigation)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, when you say its a "ONE v3" do you meant what TomTom refers to as a "ONE 3rd Edition"? i.e. 1GB (not 1MB!) internal memory and no SD card slot?

To get absolute confirmation, enter the first two characters into the model checker HERE.

Assuming you DO have 1GB memory and no expansion slot, it's true you can no longer fit an entire Western Europe map in there. But you still have at least three options....

1. If almost all of your driving is in the UK, you could save money and just buy a Great Britain and Ireland map, and just keep the old Europe map for any occasional visits abroad.

2. You can buy the UK map and some individual country or region maps for Europe.

3. You can buy the FULL Europe map, and then when you install it, TT Home will recognise that you have limited memory and will offer you one of five map ZONES, that will include several countries.

Although you will only be able to install one of the zones at a time, you will still be entitled to ALL of the zones, whenever you wish to switch to another area.

TT map shop page is HERE and that will show you all the possible maps for your model.

And the concept of map zones is explained HERE.
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is a TomTom ONE 3rd edition and it has 1Gb on memory not 1Mb. You would have thought having been supporting PCs for 25years I could get my Mb and Gb right by now!!

Most of my driving is in the UK but I rarely need a Sat/Nav but I do have it for the PGPSW camera database. I also drive to Germany at least once and sometimes twice a year so a Europe map would be very useful.

Connecting my device to the TomTom site they seem to be offering an upgrade of my existing Europe map for £64.95 less 30% so I think I may go for that and download the appropriate zone as necessary

Thanks very much for your help.

Dave

TomTom XL + Audi A3 (with navigation)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: