Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Tom Tom available (soon)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Tom Tom available (soon)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uklee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: New Tom Tom available (soon) Reply with quote

So from next week you will be able to purchase one of the latest TT Go units only the smartphone connected units. The always connected units will be available in July.

Not good marketing/sales TT unless the new Go will be available before the kids break up from school. It would have been far better in my view to have the units on sales today for order.

I wish to go for the always connected - otherwise to me its like going back a steep to the days when we had PDA connected to bluetooth unit in the car. Also if you abroad you will need to have the data switched on which means other application on the phone (mail) will also be using data. We are already ripped off with data charge cost in the UK, even more so when abroad.

Lee
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: New Tom Tom available (soon) Reply with quote

uklee wrote:
Not good marketing/sales TT unless the new Go will be available before the kids break up from school. It would have been far better in my view to have the units on sales today for order.

I have to disagree... I think it would be far better for TomTom to hold back on release until any problems are ironed out AND the "always connected" models are available as well.
uklee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

Are there problems with the new hardware/software?

Lee
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there certainly were with the NAV3 models (Itinerary planning was promised for later, but never appeared).

And the new models seem to have no POI functionality at all.
Floriank
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: New Tom Tom available (soon) Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:

I have to disagree... I think it would be far better for TomTom to hold back on release until any problems are ironed out.

I guess that'll be Christmas then....... Smile
uklee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Praying to the baby Jesus - no issues :) Reply with quote

Hope these products are not delayed and arrive without too many issue - sad to say I guess your right Andy there have always been issues with new units released -how TT managed to mess up I don't know. I really do like their products hence the reason for not switching. The connected unit are being released a month after the smartphone connect unit, not sure why?

Im looking for the always connected unit - no way do i wish to go for the smartphone connect. it means always connecting the phone - more important with 4G around the corner Im sure we will be screwed by O2 and the others for their data plans. Plus when in Europe Im guessing it could be expensive if using live services? Have no idea how much data a TT would use?

Lee

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: