Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom Start 6 - can I remove default speed camera warnings
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom Start 6 - can I remove default speed camera warnings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragnil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Tomtom Start 6 - can I remove default speed camera warnings Reply with quote

Sorry if the the title seems strange but that is what I think of the situation I have.

My TT XL Routes was playing up do I bought a Start 6 with lovely big screen etc etc but then found that I can't access the files on the device from my PC. I've now added the PGPSW camera files via the MyTomtom software but the device came with a free 1 year set of TT camera warnings.

Yesterday, with warnings coming thick and fast from both systems it became clear that my subscription here is well spent and that the TT set up had a few missing (and that's in a 1 hour trip!). This leads me to ask if anyone can help answer the following:

Can I disable the Tomtom camera warnings?
Will they stop after 12 months when I'll decline to pay TT's subscription, or will I be stuck with warnings becoming ever more out of date?
Is there a way to have my device show up as a drive on the USB connection to my PC?

I can see that TT are trying to protect customers from themselves but I think it's all become frustrating and clunky which is a pity because I like the Start 6 very much.

Any ideas gratefully received.

David
dragnil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so much a senior moment - more a senior day! I forgot that my last question had been answered here, I thought I'd asked on the TT site and, yes, it's a Start 60 not a 6. I'll go and stand in the corner, but the earlier questions are still open ...

D
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya, yes you can certainly disable the warnings from the (poor) TomTom system on your Start (by the way, I reckon its a Start 60, not 6?

Just go to Main menu / Services / Speed Cameras / Disable alerts

Done!

-----

Or if you want to completely remove the data files, you can do that in MyTomTom.

Connect up, run MyTT on the PC, log in, go to "Manage content".
then if you open the section headed "My Speed Cameras" you can click on a little arrow on the left and it will expand to show all the different countries you have data for. Beside each is a "Remove" button.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh! Embarassed
I spent too long connecting my own Start 60 to to MyTomTom, so I could get the names of the headings and buttons right. Then didn't check for any replies before I posted.

But what other questions of yours are still outstanding? Here or on TT's own forum?
dragnil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy - that sounds promising, just what I'm looking for but just confirm please that the PGPW system will still work OK. I'm guessing so as it's based on POI but I'd be grateful for confirmation. Thanks.

David
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it will, David.
Instructions for that model are here:

Installation Guide (OV2)

Or if you have problems selecting more than one file at a time (usually an Internet Explorer issue) then an alternative method is here:

Installation Guide (Single Zip File)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: