Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom 530-interphone f5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom 530-interphone f5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dickins
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Tomtom 530-interphone f5 Reply with quote

Having been successfully using my tomtom 530 ,connected via the audio out to an autocom system on my motorcycle,I finally decided to get rid of the wires and upgrade to an 'interphone f5' bluetooth kit.My problem is,although the tomtom sees the headset and lists it as interphone f5 on the screen,when I select it on the screen ,the tomtom says that this phone is not supported.
Anyone got any ideas how I can connect and if I can't,which sat navs will support this headset?
Thanks in advance
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to connect it in the phone menu?
I can't get at my Go950 at the moment, but on my 940 you set up phone connections in Main menu / Mobile phone, but you set up Bluetooth audio (for navigation instructions etc.) in Change Preferences / Bluetooth Preferences / Enable and also in Change preferences / Speaker preferences.

For Bluetooth audio (ass opposed to hands-free calls), the headset needs to connect via a totally different Bluetooth protocol called A2DP. Not all headsets are designed to do that.
dickins
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I was trying to connect it in the phone menu,many thanks,I have now paired the headphone to the tomtom,the only trouble now is ,when I switch to intercom between myself and the pillion,the tomtom does not interrupt with the instructions,it just goes back to the internal speaker Confused
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may not be fully understanding your situation but have you checked that your helmet intercom can connect to two devices simultaneously? I believe that some Bluetooth devices can only connect to one other device at a time, not two. So it may be possible that your headset on your helmet can connect either to the TomTom or to your pillion, not both. Check your bike Intercom manual for specific details.

My Cardo Scala intercom is the basic model but I get around this limitation by pairing my TT Rider to the Scala intercom in one ear and then my mobile phone (for the CameAlert warnings) into a Sony HBH-DS200 BT earpiece in the other ear. The Sony was about 20pounds on eBay.

EDIT - If your intercom can connect to two devices, it may be possible that you have un-paired your Intercom or TT by pairing the TT or Intercom. You may need to do some re-pairing.

I have checked the Cardo website to discover that the TwinSet intercoms are factory paired. If they need re-pairing to allow BT pairing to two devices simultaneously, these are the instructions for Cardo Scala; but you may not even have a Scala set-up. I'm making some big assumptions here, can you tell? Embarassed

PAIRING BETWEEN THE PASSENGER
AND DRIVER HEADSETS
The two headset units (Driver and Passenger units) are supplied factory
paired. Therefore, you do not need to pair these devices. However,
if re-pairing is needed you may proceed as follows:
1. Make sure that both units are turned ON and close to each other.
2. Press the Intercom Buttons of both devices simultaneously for at least
10 seconds, the red Status Light of the passenger unit will light steadily.
3. If successful, the blue Status Light of the passenger unit will flash.
4. If pairing has failed, the red Status Light of the passenger unit will
turn off and you must repeat the procedure.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: