Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Via 110 memory and POI update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Via 110 memory and POI update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdstrat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: TomTom Via 110 memory and POI update Reply with quote

Hi.

I was about to purchase a TomTom via 110 Full Europe off Ebay until I read a review which stated that your PC will not see the device as an external source so you can only load POI through the TomTom software.

I have lots of TomTom POI on my current TomTom one device that its replacing and they come from a variety of sources. Its crucial that I can copy them to the new Via 110 otherwise its pointless me buying it.

Im also unsure how much memory it has. Some sites say 2GB but others say 4GB. Im assuming the latter as its a full Europe Sat nav and the Europe maps alone are over 2GB

I think reading through the stuff on the internet it looks like this software issue for uploading custom POI was back in late 2010 early 2011. I think it may have been resolved but I need to know before I purchase.

Can anyone confirm if I will be able to download my POI to this unit?

Thanks
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed no-one has replied to this before now (Sorry, I've been away).

If it's not too late, I can certainly confirm that you will be able to copy your custom POI from the old model onto the VIA.

You can do it manually via the "Add Community Content" section of the "MyTomTom" PC/Mac utility software that the new units use. You would also use that for any new POIs you want to add later.

Alternatively you can use the "Content Transfer Assistant" to do the initial copying of POIs and other content from the old device to the new one.
A link for that is here:
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14081/?locale=en_GB
bdstrat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I ended up getting a Start 20. Just arrived today and it took me hours to sort out the POI. What a pain having to load them one at a time when all you had to do on the old one was drag and drop them into the map folder!

All seems to work though

Cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: