Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pink Roads problem TOMTOM 1005 live
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pink Roads problem TOMTOM 1005 live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Playhard
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Pink Roads problem TOMTOM 1005 live Reply with quote

I have a 1005 Europe with current traffic subscription. All has worked well for months (more or less!) but today I had an issue where the TOMTOM avoided a road that was coloured pink (I believe this is normally coloured pink when you set to avoid it). However I had NOT set up to avoid it at all.

Has anyone else come across this problem as it wanted me to take a 10mile detour which I ignored because I knew the road (A5 Tamworth to Nuneaton) was not closed (Traffic warnings did not show it closed)?

Help! Confused
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently getting routed along the A5, although Traffic is showing a lane closed on that road.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Pink Roads problem TOMTOM 1005 live Reply with quote

Hmm, never seen that happen before.

I don't think it's anything to do with Traffic... as you know, that doesn't turn the roads pink, it shows the "crawling ants".

The only way I've ever made a road go pink is to deliberately set the route to avoid it.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, as we know, mapshare OTA aren't working for LIVE units. Or is that just for the newer models?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My GO550 Live will sometimes tell me there's a closed road en route when it plans. I reject the offer of a detour in order to look where the problem is and the stretch of closed road is pink (and yes, it sometimes isn't closed when TT think it is - they're using out of date information, e.g. overnight roadworks closures not removed from HD Traffic promptly).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try navigating along Oxford Street and don't allow automatic re-routing - TT Route planner shows a closure right now, see if that is pink?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried it and the closed section of Oxford St is showing as the normal "not open to traffic" DASHED colour (dashed green in my GB-New colour scheme, and dashed violet in Belgica).

No sign of the solid pink you get if you tell it to avoid part of a route.
Playhard
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have turned my sat nav on today and if I view the 2D map (no route planned) it shows the section of the A5 south from M42 jct 10 (Tamworth) to A47 (Nuneaton) as pink (well more red on 2Dmap!) The 'live' traffic also shows a lane closure along some of this route (with grey bar with moving white dots).

If I plan a route (say Tamworth to Nuneaton) it gives me a 29mile route via M42 and M6 rather than the shorter and quicker route via A5 that it normally gives me. The live service does not mention closed roads so it is as if the sat nav thinks i always want to avoid this section of A5?!

I do not think I have ever set it to avoid this section and I believe all avoids should be removed automatically when planning a new route.

I have no waypoints set either - any ideas ?? Confused

Update - I have opened the 2D map and turned traffic off. It is then easy to see that I have a number of 'red' sections of road all of which seem to have current roadworks as well. I have been using my sat nav at night and I believe theses sections would have been closed for night work and the sat nav then turns road red (pink in 3D) and avoids it when calculating live route. However, my sat nav has never removed these 'avoid' sections. Maybe I should try a reset??
Playhard
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A reset has fixed issue - bit annoyed that it happened though as if I was less familiar with an area I may have just trusted the sat nav and added time and miles to my journeys! It looks like my sat nav for whatever reason was not removing any night time road closures that have occurred during the las couple of weeks I have been working and travelling at night. Mad

Just out of interest, what do I lose settings etc wise when I perform a reset (hold down power button until it bongs and tomtom writing appears)? I cannot see that I have lost anything (apart from pink roads!). TOMTOM 1005 Europe BTW
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't lose any settings. A reset is really just switching the device off completely. A normal "power off" just puts it into a "sleep" mode.

In case this issue crops up again... what colour schemes are you using? As it will affect the colours each of us sees on screen
(eg I talk about the "green dotted" closed roads, but most other people see them as "purple dotted").
Playhard
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

Colour scheme is default for 1005. Atlantica 3D day / Asia 3D night / DayTraffic 2D day / NightTraffic 2D night.

Cheers

Scott

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: