Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon Software.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon Software.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davecrowley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Navigon Software. Reply with quote

Hi all,

Way back when, I got the original Aldi GPS / PPC package and was at first very impressed. Soon after, the screen developed a what looked like an airbubble in the LCD, and I attempted to get warranty service from Medion. Despite my efforts, nothing came of this. Then the car power cord died on me and took out the GPS mouse as well. I have had other general reliability issues with it as well. As no help was forthcoming from Medion Evil or Very Mad , I got a refund from Aldi. Thumbs Up

I now have an iPaq 2210, and considering some of the posts on these forums about problems with the TomTom package and it's database in general, I am reluctant to get it.

I would very much like to get the Navigon software for my iPaq, but don't like the idea of ordering direct from Navigon and paying up front for an item that is always out of stock every time I look.

My questions are as follows; is there a UK distributor / reseller of the Navigon software, and what GPS hardware is compatible with it. Again, this info is not on their website.

Sorry for the long post, but your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave.
druck
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navigon sell the software seperately under a different name. See http://www.navigon.de/.

Cheers
---Dave
noggin_the_nog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my post further down about ordering direct from Navigon ('Navigon 3.1 - 4 Upgrade).

I paid via Credit Card, but got nothing from them (not even a receipt). No reply to e-mails (written in English and German) to their various e-mail addresses over more that four weeks.

Passed the query to my CC company and apparantly evey they can't get a response from Navigon! I don't know what's going on, but I would certainly avaoid dealing directly with them.
davecrowley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I saw the earlier posts regarding dealing direct with Navigon, and because of this am reluctant to buy direct. If there was a UK distributor / reseller this would be preferable.

I guess I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and go for the preferable option of buying TomTom, unless anyone else has a better idea.

Thanks again.
noggin_the_nog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having seen both TT3 and Navigon software I actually think Navigon is better - especially if you have an HP 2210 and Bluetooth!!

I would love to buy from a UK reseller, but there is none listed on the NAvigon site.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: