Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 1440T / NT2012.30 and other queries
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 1440T / NT2012.30 and other queries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allan125
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 1440T / NT2012.30 and other queries Reply with quote

Hi all

Apologies if these have been asked previously, but I couldn’t find anything on the Garmin Forum about the first part, although the first LTU download attempt failed but it successfully installed the second time – and I am not sure if my second query is covered in “nuvi 1370t--installing map on micro SD newbie question” as it appears to cover both North America and Europe, nor can I find anything about my final question?!

Yesterday I signed up for the Lifetime updates and installed, via the LTU, Europe NT 2012.30 (shown on my pc as City Navigator Europe NT 2012.30 - Map+P, Sep 11), however, a check on "myMaps" shows the previous installation was listed as City Navigator Europe NT 2012.10, Western Europe - Map+2D+P, Apr 11 (I didn’t install 2012.20).

Although it showed a successful installation the latest shows “Europe…Map+P” whereas NT 2012.10 shows “Western Europe…Map+2D+P” – does this lack of "2D" in the title make any difference at all? i.e. Has it done a like-for-like "Map+2D+P" installation even though it shows a difference on "myMaps", or am I just concerned unnecessarily?

A quick check on the countries shows plenty of Eastern European countries, so presumably I now have countries I didn't have before in just "Western Europe" as I didn't check previously?

Also, the hard-drive on the 1440T shows 175mb of 3.62Gb free – if in the next installation it is larger than 3.62Gb will it automatically run-over onto my MicroSD card (FAT32 formatted), or will I have to download to the card next time from my PC – and if so once inserted will the card take preference over the normal drive?

Finally - Is it possible to doctor the system so that the Junction View stays on screen longer?

I should add that my system is up-to-date with Software Version 5.70 (GPS 4.30/Text 3.40 (British English)/keyboard Unknown/Audio 2.10 (British English-Daniel)

Cheers

Allan
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First the maps. You're right, you are concerned unnecessarily Smile

If it's downloaded and appears in Tools, Settings, Map, Map Info then it's there. The full EU set contains the eastern European countries, Western Europe is a subset of that map, you can check the coverage here if you're at all concerned:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=253

Second, the easy one. There is no way to extend the time that the junction view displays. There is a way to force it to show again, but TBH by the time you do it would be too late to be useful.

Third, the hard one. It would be nice if Garmin automatically realised if there wasn't enough space and simply used the card as 'additional storage', but it doesn't Crying or Very sad

There are all sorts of issues involved to install onto a SD card. Your best bet is to free up space on the internal memory. You can safely delete all the voice, text, vehicle, keyboard, help and EULA files that you don't need. This should free up enough space to avoid the use of a card for a while yet Wink
allan125
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 1440T / NT2012.30 and other queries Reply with quote

Hi Sussamb

Thanks for such a comprehensive reply, just my luck on the SD card piece, but never mind!!

I see the map shows Sicily, but it doesn't come up in the country list so must be deemed part of Italy - surprisingly, it couldn't find a route to Palermo!!

However, as I am not likely to go to Sicily - or if I did it wouldn't be by car, I think I will give that problem a miss!!

cheers - and a Happy Christmas

Allan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: