Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Live Services Pre-Paid Subscription Card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Live Services Pre-Paid Subscription Card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colin_thames
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Live Services Pre-Paid Subscription Card Reply with quote

Does anyone know how best to use these?

I've just bought another 12 months of Live services for £36.69 direct from Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0021AEDTG/260492-21) which I couldn't resist.

Question is, should I add it now to my account, when I've still got 11 months to run, or do I wait until near the end (but do these cards expire?)
franb
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Live Services Pre-Paid Subscription Card Reply with quote

colin_thames wrote:
Does anyone know how best to use these?

I've just bought another 12 months of Live services for £36.69 direct from Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0021AEDTG/260492-21) which I couldn't resist.

Question is, should I add it now to my account, when I've still got 11 months to run, or do I wait until near the end (but do these cards expire?)

It will just add 12 mnths to your current subscription so you'll end up with 23 mnths
colin_thames
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks franb, most reassuring
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I seem to remember but could be wrong, is that if you add the time to your device whilst TomTom have one of their offers for 18 months for the price of 12 for Live Services, you get the longer period added.

I am not 100% sure as I had an issue with Live Services, some time compensations added due to failures and TomTom gave me yet more time due to a price reduction, so I ended up with well over two years of Live Services off one voucher.
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
One thing I seem to remember but could be wrong, is that if you add the time to your device whilst TomTom have one of their offers for 18 months for the price of 12 for Live Services, you get the longer period added.

I am not 100% sure as I had an issue with Live Services, some time compensations added due to failures and TomTom gave me yet more time due to a price reduction, so I ended up with well over two years of Live Services off one voucher.

interesting info.
does anyone know when or if one of these 18 for 12 months promos are due or likely to be offered?
i too have around 10 months of subs left so would buy this extention also.
if i only wanted the HD traffic service (and not their cameras etc) how much does this cost from tomtom, i can't seem to find this info out.
many thanks.
colin_thames
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony
I don't know about the 12-18 month offers but on your other question AFAIK the HD traffic comes with the Live subscription as do cameras, Google search and everything else. I haven't seen this unbundled - I presume they haven't been able to break it down either for technical or commercial reasons.

Though I have to say that Live Traffic is pretty good value considering its accuracy and not having to use a mobile to connect. It seems to save quite a bit of data. When I used gprs with my trusty Tomtom 700 my monthly data bill on my phone was about £2.50 (ie £30 a year) and I wasn't using it every week either. I would dread to think what it would be when I popped over the channel.

Tomtom also seem to offer cameras only but I don't think that's a Live offer but through TomTom Home. Not much point using it as the database is so poor. I may be wrong about the unbundling and would be happy if anyone can correct me.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the Mods might like to merge this with the other recent thread on the subject.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Jock we don't have the ability to merge threads - Mike
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh!

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Live Services Pre-Paid Subscription Card Reply with quote

colin_thames wrote:
I've just bought another 12 months of Live services for £36.69
Looks like you got a bargain, its up to £50.96! Which, if I'm reading it correctly is dearer than direct from TT @ £47.50?

Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with Amazon offers of TT functions, map cards, traffic cards etc., the prices change day by day, if not hour by hour. I recall someone suggesting that they have a daily sales target, so you are more likely to get a good offer early in the morning than in the evening.
Kia In-dash Tomtom
GETTING-YOU-THERE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a new 12 months 'Live' sub with a bonus free 6 months. At the end of the 12 months I had an e-mail from TT telling me my sub was about to expire. I e-mailed a copy of the original 18 month sub and they replied that the computer automatically activated the expirery warning but it will also automatically extend it for the extra 6 month when the time arrives and ave me the date in January 2012. A few days latter another 'reminder' This week end, trying to connect HD in Live as it was not working, I was reminded that my Sub had expired!, althought I am still getting valid Camera Positions. Am awaiting another e-mail from TT. Anyone else had a problem using the 'Bonus' 6 months with it only opperating on some of the 'Live' functions?
Keefyboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

i have just had a look on Amazon they are offering 12 mnths for £50.96 and 6 mnths for £33.05. Crying or Very sad

Keith

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: