Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satsync problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satsync problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wambiker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Satsync problems Reply with quote

Hi, I am being driven mad by satsync, I bought my satmap earlier in the year, have had no problems with the unit, but no end of hassle with satsync.
At first it worked when it felt like it. Only the file converter worked well. To such a point that I would convert files and then copy them direct to the sd card. Now nothing works and it just crashes and wants to send error messages back to mother. I have uninstalled and reinstalled repeatedly, updated my .net instalation, I run xp with service pack 3. Any pointers would be appreciated as satmap are little help.
Cheers Gary
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wambiker,

Nothing really springs to mind to solve your problem apart from the fact that it may be your system at fault in some way and not Satsync.

I simply base this on the fact that there seem to be very few complaints on the forum about Satsync.

You have probably tried this already but just in case,if you go into Control Panel,then Programs and Features ( I have Windows 7,I can't remember what it is in XP ) and right click on Satsync there is an option to repair it.

Have you tried running it in Windows Safe Mode ( F8 at Boot Up )?

If it works OK in Safe Mode then I would think that it is not Satsync at fault but another program or process affecting it.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Ian
rothers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same story here using XP SP3 and Satsync has always worked fine, currently using 1.45.0.8
ChrisJakarta
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microsoft's .NET Framework can sometimes be a real pain, and it is not unlikely that the problem is with this, particularly recent updates that have been known to break things.

Completely removing .NET framework to allow a clean re-install is also a pain. If you decide to do this, you may wish to look at Aaron Stebner’s .NET Framework Setup Cleanup Tool. I have used this on occasion to recover from similar problems.

Hope this helps.
Chris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: