Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI's always on??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI's always on??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark1252003
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: POI's always on?? Reply with quote

Hi all, Ive recently bought a GO550 Live because my old 4 year old GO710 blew something inside and gave out a lot of smoke!!! Crying or Very sad Now i have allsorts of POI's installed but when they are on my map in the drive view the screen has slowed down a bit but if I untick them in the "Show POI on map" will this also not warn me when iam near them even tho I have selected sounds to warn me when Iam near POIs? Most are the camera POIs which I get from here.

Regards

Mark
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to TomTom PND Forum

I believe Andy discovered recently that if you have alerts set up for a POI but unselect it from being displayed it'll still alert you when you drive near it.

BTW it's easy to check by running a demo route under 300%
mark1252003
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, and apologies for posting in the wrong section Embarassed Embarassed
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. It's not so much it was the wrong section but that the TT PND one was more appropriate than the Dedicated Subscribers one. Plus anyone else searching for the answer to this question is more likely to be looking in the TT forum than the DS one thereby, hopefully, saving someone from posting the same question again later...

I'm still looking for Andys post about this...
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it's under 400% for the demo speed to still hear computer voices or warnings....
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found on 9.058 when the POIs were ticked to display but neither of the "show in 2d map" or "show in 3d map" boxes were selected they did not give the warnings I had set up and also the TomTom safety cameras warnings were not working either. By selecting the "show in 2D map" they started warning again when I was driving on the 3D map.

Another bug I think, as I had previously selected the 2D option but it disabled itself. I like the idea of seeing the POIs when I switch to 2D but not having them slowing down the map on my normal setting of 3D whilst navigating.
mark1252003
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, iam currently running 9.054 with UK map v855.2884 I have ticked to show some POI's on my maps in both 2d and 3d views but NOT to show speed camera ones through the "Warn when near POI's" and have set it to warn me when iam near them, just done a route that goes through 3 sets of cameras and set the demo off and indeed it did sound when i got to the cameras (Even tho one camera wasnt picked up by TomToms!! Rolling Eyes )

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: