Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sony Ericsson X10 Compatability Question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony Ericsson X10 Compatability Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Sony Ericsson X10 Compatability Question Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm if the Sony Ericsson X10 phone is compatable with Tomtom services.

My brother would like to use it with his One XL (the edition that supports bluetooth) he will be using the T Mobile network.

Many thanks for any info

A now retired Tomtom 940 v9.541.3145439.1 OS:1493118, GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120, West Europe Map v1025.9386
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment on the x10 model in particular, but in general SonyEricsson phones tend to be the most compatible brand as far as a TomTom is concerned.
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can't comment on the x10 model in particular, but in general SonyEricsson phones tend to be the most compatible brand as far as a TomTom is concerned.

Thanks Andy I agree SE phones have tended to be the best in allowing tomtom compatability.

Will update over the next couple of days to whether it works or not when I meet up with him.

A now retired Tomtom 940 v9.541.3145439.1 OS:1493118, GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120, West Europe Map v1025.9386
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get a SE T280i though, it's compatibility is pants!
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can now update my own question regarding SE x10.

It is not compatable with Tomtom services on a One XL.

It is fully compatable with a 940

MrDJ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know its been mentioned about later models beeing pants with bluetooth but i thought bluetooth is bluetooth and if it works on one then why wont it work on all.
ate TT cutting corners and putting cheaper components in the newwer TT's so it cant pick the signal up or something like that.

even though on their website it doesnt show my nokia N81 as beeing compatable it worked first time on my 930 once id linked them up.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was the One XL last connected to a PC with TT Home running?

I would try an update as both the application and the phone settings could be way out of date - The 940 will have far newer Bluetooth and phone settings available if the One XL hasn't been near a PC in a few years - Mike
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When was the One XL last connected to a PC with TT Home running?

Thanks Mike that is not the problem it was last updated via home 5 days ago.
After the failure notice sorry I cannot remember the error message I still could not connect it manually.

Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
even though on their website it doesnt show my nokia N81 as beeing compatable it worked first time on my 930 once id linked them up.

If the compatability list was kept up to date and therefore any home updates to the phone settings it would be a great help.
The fact that a phone is bluetooth enabled does not mean it will work with any particular model of tomtom

KerrAvon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One reason the X10 will not work with the TomTom, is that its and Android OS on the phone not the normal SE in house software
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDJ wrote:
i thought bluetooth is bluetooth

bluetooth is simply a short range radio signal. it has loads of different uses and every device needs to have it's own set of drivers for how it uses and interprets the signals.

bluetooth requires certain profiles such as DUN (dial up networking - which is what tomtom use), PAN (personal area network - a different way of sharing an internet connection, tomtom WON'T use this even if it's present), headset profile, hands-free profile, object push (i.e. sending pictures/music between phones)

my old tmobile mda compact iii (htc artemis)only had PAN for sharing data connection - this works fine in general but as TT will only use DUN it was unable to use that phone for data connection. that was until a clever mike alder found a DUN profile that i then installed and tt then 'accepted' the phone for a data connection.

so, saying that 'bluetooth is bluetooth' is as true as saying 'a computer is a computer'. what it can do depends entirely on what profiles (or in the case of a computer, what hard/software) are available. chances are if the phone cannot be used by tomtom for online services then it may be that it has the PAN method of bluetooth network sharing rather then the DUN that tomtom needs.

clear as mud, right?!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: