Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera Manager download query
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera Manager download query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James503
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Camera Manager download query Reply with quote

Hi - i can't find an answer to this one so apologies if it's blindingly obvious...

I'm using Cam Man 3 (freeware version) to download UK camera locs for my Garmin 400. Absolutely no problem with the process, but I've noticed that I get two sets of files - Pocketgps_uk_*.* and Pocketgps_sc_*.*. The poi locations seem identical, but the UK ones have a directional prefix whereas the sc ones don't.

I'd prefer to download just the one set, with the directional prefix rather than doubling up - please can someone remind me how to achieve this?

Cheers, James
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Camera Manager download query Reply with quote

James503 wrote:
I'm using Cam Man 3 (freeware version) to download UK camera locs for my Garmin 400. Absolutely no problem with the process, but I've noticed that I get two sets of files - Pocketgps_uk_*.* and Pocketgps_sc_*.*. The poi locations seem identical, but the UK ones have a directional prefix whereas the sc ones don't.

I'd prefer to download just the one set, with the directional prefix rather than doubling up - please can someone remind me how to achieve this?

CM3 uses the PGPS_UK_*.* files - the PGPS_SC_*.* files may be left of from an earlier version of CM (which did use them, but the SC was changed to UK to cope with CM3's internationalisation).

The SC files may also be from a manual download - do you manually download the database? If so, then you don't need to an CM manages it's own downloads automatically.
James503
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ash, thanks. I tend simply to use CM3, and only rarely manually download. Let me see how it goes over the next couple of weeks - CM3 may simply be downloading replacements for the files already in the directory? I'll clean out my download directory first.

Cheers,

James

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: