Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Currency of petrol prices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Currency of petrol prices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Currency of petrol prices Reply with quote

Is it possible to change the currency of displayed Petrol prices on LIVE services or is this automatic?

GO950 Live device......
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Currency of petrol prices Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Is it possible to change the currency of displayed Petrol prices on LIVE services or is this automatic?

GO950 Live device......

They're supposed to be updated every 3 days IIRC but as many have observed and commented, the Fuel prices are frequently incorrect and out of date by much more than that Sad
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Currency of petrol prices Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Gee-Pee wrote:

GO950 Live device......

They're supposed to be updated every 3 days IIRC but as many have observed and commented, the Fuel prices are frequently incorrect and out of date by much more than that Sad

Ahhh! I did not explain myself very well Embarassed What I wanted to know was when I am travelling - I'm in Switzerland at the moment - there is no indication of whether the fuel prices are in Swiss francs or still in sterling. Do they change automatically as one goes from country to country Question Or is the amount the conversion to sterling?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Embarassed
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just used Prepare Route to run a simulation from Paris to London. Checking prices as the simulation leaves Paris shows the nearest petrol station but it says

Price 1.28

Euros? Sterling? Dollars? Hungarian Luncheon Vouchers???? Who knows...
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:

Might as well be "Pink Elephants" as the unit of measurement as it might increase the accuracy, its time this so called service (Fuel Prices) was either dropped or significantly improved as its nothing short of a farce in its current state.

IMHO you will waste fuel trying to locate a cheap fuel station and only face disapointment when you get to the location as listed on the device to find its either a fast food take away or the price is nothing like that quoted on the PND. Again, great idea with very poor implementation, I drive a fuel guzzling Volvo (2,5L Petrol V70) and don't bother with Fuel Prices as they are nothing short of a joke on the device, this is based upon personal experiance.

Keep your eye on the fuel stations as you pass them by to get a true up to date idea of the cost for the area you are driving through, spot something a little bit cheaper and fuel up, only applies when down to 50% of a tank or less, as lugging a full tank adds to the weight of the vehicle making fuel ecconomy suffer - Mike
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
I've just used Prepare Route to run a simulation from Paris to London. Checking prices as the simulation leaves Paris shows the nearest petrol station but it says

Price 1.28

Exactly my problem Rolling Eyes What's the current exchange rate for Hungarian Luncheon Vouchers, as I should be in Budapest in about a week - TT permitting.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice, as usual Mike. I was just curious and I will try to find out from TT when they have had their long holiday weekend.
I will do as you suggest, at least I know that fuel price is lower here than at home - BTW mine does 23 mpg (cannot get my head around litres and kms for fuel consumption)
shires999
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
PaulB2005 wrote:

Price 1.28

Exactly my problem Rolling Eyes What's the current exchange rate for Hungarian Luncheon Vouchers, as I should be in Budapest in about a week - TT permitting.

My guess is the local currency as I've doen teh same simulation in Calais. According to the AA the average price in france is Unleaded 1.40 EUR (£1.30) and Diesel 1.20 EUR (£1.11) and based on those figures it seems that it's local currency. otehrwise tehy would have to factor in exchange rates.
Just looked at the TT website though and it says Fuel prices aren't available in Switzerland. Only UK, France, Holland, Germany and Belgium.
I'm off to France in a few weeks so coudl report back then.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just looked at the TT website though and it says Fuel prices aren't available in Switzerland. Only UK, France, Holland, Germany and Belgium.
I'm off to France in a few weeks so coudl report back then.

That is probably the answer then....what I am looking at is probably Euro prices as, although I am in CH, I am not that far away from the German border.
Thanks for that Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: