Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 750 keeps shutting down on it's own!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

750 keeps shutting down on it's own!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaycr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: 750 keeps shutting down on it's own!!!! Reply with quote

Hi All, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem. My 750 live is about 3 months old and whilst it's seemed very sluggish compared to my previous models it's been working okay. In the last week or so it's developed a problem where the shutdown screen kept appearing but it only counted down a couple of seconds so it wasn't a huge problem and was still operational. But in the last couple of days it's just switching itself off completely and when I restart it, it says something like "Battery power too low to load Traffic Info" even although I use a live mount and is always fully powered. It then either switches itself off again or returns to normal for a period of time. I'm dreading having to send it back for repair so just hoping someone out there has some magical answer. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks, Jim
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the unit is not located in the mount fully. I don't know what the mount connection is like on a x50, but the symptoms indicate an intermittent connection.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
jaycr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like quite a definite connection when it's on the mount. Also if it was an intermittent connection the battery charging indicator would appear on the screen when it wasn't charging and that doesn't happen. Thanks anyway for you reply. Rgds, Jim
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the device mounted in the car dock and the engine running what colour is the surround to the on/ off switch of the 750, red indicates charging, green indicates fully charged, not illuminated means the charger isn't connected in which case investigate the supply lead and make sure the charger plug is fully seated and the fuse feeding the charger socket is intact - Mike
jaycr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, even when it shuts itself down the light is either red or green showing that it's still getting power. Sounds like there's no quick fix so it looks like I'm going to have to return the unit to TomTom and just hope I have a better experience than last time I had a problem. It took FOUR MONTHS to get my unit back. Thanks for your replies. Jim
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the internal rechargeable battery has died and is dragging the charger voltage down below the point the device will power off at, give them a ring in the morning 0845 161 0009 - Mike
jaycr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mike, I'll do that. Thanks again for your help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: