Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New maps and info gone.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New maps and info gone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bandk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: New maps and info gone. Reply with quote

Uploaded the new maps yesterday and after one or two problems have lost my onboard info.

I have a TTXL, the model without the SD card. First of all TTHome told me there was not enough room to upload the new file to the device, I got around that and uploaded the new maps. First of all the new map file is smaller than the one it replaced, can this be right and how do I check I have actually uploaded the right map from TTHome? New map folder is 800+mb the old map folder was 907mb.

After getting it to the device its working but I have lost all my stored favourites and itinery's. I had quite a few stored, how do I get those back?
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tap the satellite screen and you'll see the application version installed. Now, tap the version number and the next screen shows the map installed and its version number.

If you copy the mapsettings.cfg file from a backed up map to the new map folder, you should have your favourites back.

Your itineraries are stored in a folder called itn. In your backup, look to that folder and copy the files in there to the itn folder on the unit.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To check what's installed to your device switch it on and tap the sat strength meter followed by the version box, the resultant screen will show you lots of information about the device including the map name and version (v840 are the current latest maps).

Its not unusual to loose favourites when you upgrade, to be honest this is why I refuse to use favourites as they are a waste of time, consider using a custom POI file on the device its much easier - Do you have a backup of the device from prior to the update as it might be possible to recover the Favourites and Itinerarys - Mike
bandk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks map version is shown as 840.2561. So it seems I have the latest, I'll take a look at the suggestions for retrieving my other stuff. Its all backed up to my puter, just need to decypher it all Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: