Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Keep getting logged out
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Keep getting logged out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Keep getting logged out Reply with quote

Hi
Have been trying to give Ash camera manager a try. Have given up because I am continually receiving a message on the camera manager icon that I am logged out. Have tried Firefox and Internet Explorer. Any Ideas why?
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
Note that you will need to be logged in to PocketGPSWorld.com in order for Camera Manager to check for updates. This needs to be done using Internet Explorer Sad, although once you've logged in with IE you can go back to using Firefox etc. Smile

If you're not logged in to PocketGPSWorld.com, Camera Manager can't check for updates, and it will let you know accordingly:
Ash does say it has to be IE, but have you updated IE (e.g. to IE8?) since you last had Camera Manager working? If IE8 (I'm on FF), are you still having to use "compatibility mode" to force IE to display the site correctly? Maybe the cookie are different between IE7 & IE8?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: logging off Reply with quote

Hi Jock
I have not updated internet ex. since I decided to give camera manager a spin. I used int. Exp. as I had read that there were issues using FF. I have only recently tried to use Camera Manager. I have now logged on with both ie int. Exp. and FF. Would rather use FF only! Do you have probs using FF to access camera manager? and does it stay connected through FF until you log out? thanks for your help
mags97
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: logging off Reply with quote

mags97 wrote:
Hi Jock
I have not updated internet ex. since I decided to give camera manager a spin. I used int. Exp. as I had read that there were issues using FF. I have only recently tried to use Camera Manager. I have now logged on with both ie int. Exp. and FF. Would rather use FF only! Do you have probs using FF to access camera manager? and does it stay connected through FF until you log out? thanks for your help
mags97
Ah, I got the impression, from previous posts, that you had been using Camera Manager for more than 6 months, so I presumed that something that had happened recently had stopped it working!
I'm afraid that I can't help much more as I don't use Camera Manager.
As far as the Web Site is concerned, I stay logged in forever using FF.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Firefox and Camera Manager all the time. I did have "logged out" problems a month or so ago - perhaps due to the IE update - but all is OK once again.

I read this in the Ash10 help:

In order for Camera Manager to work, you must have logged in to PocketGPSWorld using Internet Explorer - this only needs to be done once, provided that you do not explicitly logout. Note that some internet history/cookie cleaner applications will effectively log you out, so if you are using one make sure that it is configured appropriately.

It doesn't matter if you normally use a different browser to Internet Explorer (eg: Firefox) - once you have logged in to PocketGPSWorld using Internet Explorer, you won't need to touch it again.

So I made sure I did not explicitly log out, whilst in IE, and that seems to have fixed it.

Dales.
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dales wrote:
I use Firefox and Camera Manager all the time. I did have "logged out" problems a month or so ago - perhaps due to the IE update - but all is OK once again.

I read this in the Ash10 help:

In order for Camera Manager to work, you must have logged in to PocketGPSWorld using Internet Explorer - this only needs to be done once, provided that you do not explicitly logout. Note that some internet history/cookie cleaner applications will effectively log you out, so if you are using one make sure that it is configured appropriately.

It doesn't matter if you normally use a different browser to Internet Explorer (eg: Firefox) - once you have logged in to PocketGPSWorld using Internet Explorer, you won't need to touch it again.

So I made sure I did not explicitly log out, whilst in IE, and that seems to have fixed it.

Dales.

Many thanks,
Although I did not log out it appears I was being logged out. It could be some security issue regarding Norton or FF. Many thanks for your help.
mags97

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: