Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SysOnChip CF power drain when iPAQ 2210 switched off
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SysOnChip CF power drain when iPAQ 2210 switched off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SjB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: SysOnChip CF power drain when iPAQ 2210 switched off Reply with quote

I travel abroad a lot with my work and find the navigation combo listed in my signature below to be very portable and perfect for the job.

It does however have one feature that is a nuisance; For reasons of speed and convenience I like to jump out of a hire car, switch my iPAQ off, place it in my jacket pocket with the CF antenna still inserted, and walk away. This is fine except the battery drains MUCH faster with the SysOnChip still inserted than if I pull it out (i.e. to break the connection) and leave it resting gently in the CF slot. Sometimes though, because the iPAQ is in my jacket pocket the antenna drops down and reconnects itself due to the movement of walking. Several times I have come to use the iPAQ a day later and found I only have 5% power left whereas without this drain it can happily go for 72 hours between charges.

So, is there a registry hack or something I can do to ensure that when the 2210 is switched off (I know it is actually still 'on') the CF card is electronically disconnected even though it is physically still connected?

Ta very much.
iPAQ 2210 / TomTom 5.10 / CheckPOInt 3 / SysOnChip CF card Antenna with 256Mb / Sandisk 1.0GB SD / Arklon amplified mount plus Brodit Proclip for Volvo V70 / 3.5mm-3.5mm audio lead for use with Autocom intercom on Honda Hornet motorbike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: