Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Got my Aldi Medion GPS Pocket PC. Works great. I have one ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Got my Aldi Medion GPS Pocket PC. Works great. I have one ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jalup1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Got my Aldi Medion GPS Pocket PC. Works great. I have one ? Reply with quote

I got my german medion from Aldi on monday. Took it out of the Box, hooked it up and worked great. My only problem is the software is in German with no option of changing it. Any one know how I can get a english version of the navigation software? My German is not so good and i am taking a road trip later this week.

Or can you use the Naviteq maps with a Tom Tom program. Rolling Eyes

General observation: I also needed to download new maps for Switzerland. With the map export tool, it took me about 1 hour to convert and download 219 mb. Seems long.

thanks in advance for the advice!
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems strange??? Why would they sell a German version in the UK?

Are you sure there is no option to specify the language as to my knowledge no one else has mentioned that the software is in German.

Sorry I can't help you on this as I don't have one but I'm sure someone who has will be able to help further.
jalup1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry,
I live in Switzerland and bought the unit in Germany. I can't speak the language so i am trying to get the english version of the software. Or the files needed to change it to english.
Jalup
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were given a warning about the Pocket PC OS and built in applications here. You almost certainly can't do anything about the OS, including the spell checker and similar - they are in German and it will probably be impossible to change them to English.

So far as the Navigon software goes, maybe you can get hold of an English Medion build - if nobody else has a good idea, try contacting Medion and/or Navigon.

David
jalup1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew abou the OS issues and can live with them. The Navigation in english would be nice, the software works great, but if it spoke to me in english I could pay more attention to the road. I went to the Navigon Web site and it is definately their software, however on theirs you have a choice of 6 languages. I will see what I can do.

Jalup

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: