Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN3 doesn't always reroute
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN3 doesn't always reroute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: TTN3 doesn't always reroute Reply with quote

Hi, using TTN3 I asked it to navigate from Bedford to Milton Keynes, the route TTN3 planned was west along the A421 to M1 J13 then north on the M1 to J14 and then west towards the centre of MK. However at J13 I decided not to take the M1 but the A421 which runs almost parallel to the M1. What TTN3 did is nothing, no replanning, no turn around messages, it just seemed to switch guideance off, but it was not (accroding to the menu option). It did not even replan after going over 3 roundabouts it only replanned when I switched guideance off and then on again. I have now done this twice and have had the same experience both times.

Any ideas ?
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't yet had a chance to try this one 'on the ground' (I will do soon - I live in that area), but it's possible that Navigator's "snap to road" behaviour" confused things at least initially, because, as you say, the A421 and M1 run parallel for some way north of M1 J13.

I wouldn't expect an instruction to turn around under these circumstances - especially not if Navigator thinks you're on a motorway!

The nightmare is if the A421 mapping is incorrect (though that would be surprising, as it always seemed correct in Navigator 2). If Navigator can't figure out what road you're on, usually because you're on a road not in its maps, or because the mapping is incorrect (as was true in Navigator 2 for the extreme eastern end of the A421 Bedford Bypass, and parts of the A507 between Shefford and Baldock), it will look as if guidance is off - guidance resumes when Navigator knows where you are. In this case, it could be that it simply gets confused - it will be trying to snap to the M1 as that's the way it's routed you, but the A421 is so close by.

What happens if you decide not to take the M1 (which can be a reasonable decision on that journey) and tell Navigator this by choosing "Alternative Routes" then "Avoid M1" on the Navigator menu? Do things then work correctly?

David
Wizzo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun,

Yes the A421 does snap to the M1 as the roads are very close. I just use avoid M1.
pauley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to me today travelling back from Ayr to Blackpool. I missed the turn off(Duh) and expected to be rerouted. Nothing happened. So I went round the next roundabout and went back to where I missed my turn off and the original red routed plan line was there showing on my screen. There was nothing TT3 did about rerouting however, anbody had similar problems?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: