Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW camera database: USA coverage?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW camera database: USA coverage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyraxote
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: PGPSW camera database: USA coverage? Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been asked, but I did spend 20 minutes searching for the info before posting.

Just wanted to know how many cameras there are in the database for the Maryland/Virginia/DC area. The US is much larger than the UK, so comparing the numbers, it seems like there aren't that many US data points.

Can anyone comment?

Thanks.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to sit here counting, so I thought this might give you some idea.

Right Click and Save Image As ... a JPG and you will see it in more detail.

The blue markers are those in the main database. The red are the PMobiles, of which there are only a few.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
dept911
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Are you serious about Gatso coverage in the Colonies? Reply with quote

Montgomery County, Maryland, USA has about 37 Gatso speed cameras and are about to double that amount. Your Gatso database for the Americas is 13! and has been constant for the last month. Now I understand the poblem of verification, but wouldn't it be better if there was some sort of Provisional Gatso Database on reported sightings, then when verified they go into the normal Gatso database. I cannot recommend this to my friends until the database is more reliable.

Thanks

Harold Ford Confused
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was under the impression that there weren't many gatso's in the states and they were usually redlight cameras and mobile sites?

how about you and your pals go around and submit your local cameras? non uk firsts are entitled to free lifetime subscriptions regardless of whether you are a current subscriber or not.

MaFt
dept911
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Stateside Gatso coverage.. Reply with quote

Thanks for your kind attention to this matter.

I seem to find the stoplight camera database rather complete, but a severe shortage of the speed cameras. So far there doesn't seem to be a lot of push to the portable speed cameras in this part of the states.

I have at least two Gatso types in the hopper, submitted about month ago. Not only is this county going crazy with these things (gatso types), the State of Maryland is about to dump loads of them on us..

I had submitted a total of 4 speed cameras, and two of them already was picked up (probably wasn't the first to submit them), two of them remain unverified to date. I am not so much worried about the ones hanging, but I am worried of how many other have been reported that are not in the database, nor in a provisional type database. Its the ones I don't know about, are the ones that get me.

dept911 Confused
cyraxote
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the blue dots represent speed cameras, redlight cameras, or both?

Is submitting a speed camera that caught me a valid submission? Or do I need to have lat/long? How do I submit?

I have the information off the ticket (address, direction [e.g., westbound], speed limit, etc).

Thanks.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dept911 - are there perhaps any websites that give details of the speed cameras that could go towards verification?

cyraxote if you locate the area on the submission map and fill out the rest of the details we can sort it that way.

MaFt
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blue dots represent any camera that is in the Main Database, Gatso, Redlight or Mobile.

The Submission Page will generate the Lat/Lon if you can pinpoint the exact location using the address, and memory, of where the camera was being used.

The Page also has Data Entry Boxes to put the necessary information in.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
dept911
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Montgomery County Speed Camera Map Reply with quote

Here is the link to the Montgomery County, Maryland Speed Cameras

http://connectedcommunities.us/showthread.php?t=22330

Hope this helps.

dept911 Exclamation
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dept911 - i've used this to confirm the 10 or so pending submissions for that area.

MaFt
cyraxote
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I submitted the information, and I also found the camera on the Montgomery County link supplied above.

Thanks.
dept911
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Additional cameras in Rockville, Montgomery County, Maryland Reply with quote

There are apparently some mobile cameras in the Rockville area of Montgomery County, Maryland. I have seen none of them, but this stuff should be added to the database somehow.

http://www.rockvillemd.gov/police/speedcamera-locations.htm

Also a bunch of new ones will be in the Baltimore, Baltimore County, Maryland by October.

http://wjz.com/local/red.light.cameras.2.1076713.html

Stay tuned..

dept911
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Additional cameras in Rockville, Montgomery County, Mary Reply with quote

dept911 wrote:
There are apparently some mobile cameras in the Rockville area of Montgomery County, Maryland. I have seen none of them, but this stuff should be added to the database somehow.

only if they have been seen please. the uk versions of these sites are not accurate at all (only give a road name rather than an actual position) and they are only sites where mobiles COULD be used which is very different from the sites they DO use!

hope that makes sense.

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: