Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Skoda Columbus
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Skoda Columbus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
briwy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Skoda Columbus Reply with quote

Is this the same system as the RNS510?

I am anxious to be able to add speed cams and other POIs onto this system and I see from another thread on here that it can be done on the RNS510 unit.

Has anyone any experience of this system in action.

Thanks for any help.
Argee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's the same unit, except it uses Skoda Centres instead of VW ones in the POIs.

I'm trying to add a couple of camera POIs at the moment, using the VW POIs program.

After adding the new POIs, in the generated "localsave" folder, I see files that I can easily identify where to overwrite within the image, but there are two files that I don't understand, called 0094 (686KB) and 0096 (58KB). Their properties are "Internet Shortcut" (.URL).

Their accompanying files, 0093.IDX (424KB) and 0095.IDX (34KB) I have placed in the "TABLES/0" folder, along with the other .IDX files.

In the "TABLES" folder (one level up) are two files, GENERIC.IDX (29,721.KB) and GENERIC.URL (46,064KB). This GENERIC.URL is the only other .URL file I can find.

Where (in which folder) do I place the 0094 and 0096 (Internet Shortcut) files, please?

I've left a PM for rds76 (the POI programme's author) on the VWnavi.com forum, but he's not showing any activity over there since last October.

I really can't afford to pull out any more hair! Smile

Ray
teesquared
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Skoda Columbus Reply with quote

briwy wrote:
Is this the same system as the RNS510?

I am anxious to be able to add speed cams and other POIs onto this system and I see from another thread on here that it can be done on the RNS510 unit.

Has anyone any experience of this system in action.

Thanks for any help.

Hi briwy,

I am very pleased with my factory fitted RNS510 (in my newish Golf Mk 5) even though it will not accept full 7 digit postcodes. Regarding speed camera integration though, my own solution which works well has been to dig out my old TomTom One (with PGPSW camera data installed) and mount it out of sight in the boot. Make sure that you have unselected "alert if only on route" and you end up getting very audible warnings of all cameras as usual. Although there is the very occasional camera alert from a site in a side street rather than on your actual route the end result is much safer than constantly glancing down at a satnav screen to spot any (silently) approaching cameras. Incidentally the TomTom can be used to instantly convert full 7 digit postcodes into gps co-ordinates which the RNS510 will accept.

Hope this is of help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: